Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, November 01, 2008

Getting Schooled

I'm taking two classes this quarter. I've not been auditioning for anything with rehearsals starting before January. I don't expect to have time to rehearse until December, and I want to take a two week vacation before Christmas, pretty much shooting down December. I've not had a full day off since August, and it looks like I'll break the streak this month, as we have an office move and I won't even be able to work remotely as my office computer won't be available.

So, I'm starving for art and decided to take a couple classes at Freehold I've been wanting to do for quite a while. They make me nervous, so I wanted to take them all the more. One is solo performance, and I got quite a bit out of the first class. I won't have the time to dedicate to that class I would like so it will cause some stress. I expect it will relieve a lot more stress than it creates. I don't do so well when I'm not actively working on a project.

The other class is Voice Over. Pure fun. It is supposed to be one of the fastest growing industries. You can guess where my thoughts go. What a cool day job that would be. It's fun to fantasize about and more likely than winning the lottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home