Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ding Ding Ding -- And We Have A WINNER!

well, maybe...

George Will must have had that Ace of Hates up his sleeve waiting to be the first to throw it on the national media table. To be fair, from that clip I didn't hear him saying Powell picked Obama because he was black. Was there more, or were the FDL folks a little too eager to nail someone for the pre-ordained belittling from the right?

Still, I love taking the thunder away from the professional hate-mongers. I mean how could that guy come up with it off the cuff, unless it was already there? Let's assume that Will gets credit for making the black connection. Was he really the first? Did anyone beat him playing the utterly predictable and even more inane race card following Powell's endorsement? Did he really beat the hate-centric race baiting likes of Bill O, Hannity, Malkin, Cavuto, Limbaugh, Imus, Coulter, ...?

Frankly the few times I've seen George Will I've always thought he should be reading bad poetry on Laugh-In. He's come across to me as dull, slow, anything but clever; an extra strength sedative in a bland suit. The usual racist hate mongering crowd must be really disappointed they missed the opportunity for the gold on this one. Oh well, they're probably touching themselves in commiseration while they look at this creepy (in a real way) Halloween decoration.

I hope they go so over the edge on this one that they won't be able to rekindle a Clinton-like witch hunt. What would they do if the democrats ever put a progressive on the ticket instead of a centrist? I can only dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, George Will is pretty smart. Though he is as dull as his favorite sport, baseball, which is the only thing that he speaks passionately about.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home