First, so you don't think I'm going soft, a political barb. Have you noticed the change in the neoconservative bullies? From media bobble heads like Beck to K Street tools like Boehner, to the repetitive violent non-compromising pro-multinational corporate talking point recitations they've added bouts of crying. Just like the schoolyard bully who fails to get what he wants through beatings and intimidation, they are resorting to calculated weeping.
If the mouthpieces for the wealthy 'conservatives' can't effectively demonize minorities (by race, gender identity, religion, etc) to distract us from the depredations of their ceo's, they can pretend to weep for the decline to their brand of tyrannical patriotism. They claim to be so worried about government intruding into corporate affairs, so they have opened the door to special interests while shutting out the taxpayers. YES, I do want government to govern the unbridled greed of the conservative's handlers. And I also want the robber barons out of my government.
I reviewed all the pictures I took in Arizona. I was going to say quickly reviewed, but that would be misleading. It took over an hour, as I was reviewing a dvd with several gigabytes of photos -- as each picture is 2-7mb they don't load especially fast on a laptop dvd drive. I found some more shots which caught my eye, some sans processing I posted in a new set. There were a lot of experimental sunset pictures, and my near favorite composition is here. Only the one shot. Too bad, as in higher resolutions the fuzzy focus becomes apparent. I'll have to visit again and hope for a similar sunset.

Here's a cholla I like. It is near one I took a lot of shots of, failing to catch the streaked sky and highlighted cholla. I loaded those to a set with my first post-processing attempts to get both sky and cholla to show. This picture was a nice find, not composed quite the same, but I like seeing the sky and cholla contrast in an unprocessed shot. There is also a staghorn or candelabra type cactus on the left which adds something for me.

In the set with these pictures there is also one I titled "0527 Gonna Get Ya'", which is reminiscent of sci-critters for The Abyss or the more menacing Alien. Personally, it connected more with Cleopatra from the old tv series, The Addams Family.
If the mouthpieces for the wealthy 'conservatives' can't effectively demonize minorities (by race, gender identity, religion, etc) to distract us from the depredations of their ceo's, they can pretend to weep for the decline to their brand of tyrannical patriotism. They claim to be so worried about government intruding into corporate affairs, so they have opened the door to special interests while shutting out the taxpayers. YES, I do want government to govern the unbridled greed of the conservative's handlers. And I also want the robber barons out of my government.
I reviewed all the pictures I took in Arizona. I was going to say quickly reviewed, but that would be misleading. It took over an hour, as I was reviewing a dvd with several gigabytes of photos -- as each picture is 2-7mb they don't load especially fast on a laptop dvd drive. I found some more shots which caught my eye, some sans processing I posted in a new set. There were a lot of experimental sunset pictures, and my near favorite composition is here. Only the one shot. Too bad, as in higher resolutions the fuzzy focus becomes apparent. I'll have to visit again and hope for a similar sunset.
Here's a cholla I like. It is near one I took a lot of shots of, failing to catch the streaked sky and highlighted cholla. I loaded those to a set with my first post-processing attempts to get both sky and cholla to show. This picture was a nice find, not composed quite the same, but I like seeing the sky and cholla contrast in an unprocessed shot. There is also a staghorn or candelabra type cactus on the left which adds something for me.
In the set with these pictures there is also one I titled "0527 Gonna Get Ya'", which is reminiscent of sci-critters for The Abyss or the more menacing Alien. Personally, it connected more with Cleopatra from the old tv series, The Addams Family.
3 Comments:
That top shot is really nice. I asked for and received a camera for Xmas as a way to work more with photography and help me "see" the world. I carry it around in my car with me, but thus far have not gotten out to use it much. I need to be more cognizant of that. You are an inspiration.
Thank you. I like being able to take lots of very similar shots without worrying about the cost of film. One of the things which got me rolling were the colors in your shots of the cranberry bogs, the crimson red of the cranberries and the red roof.
PS - I want to learn more post processing fun, like HDR (Orton?) and some of the software packages like Lucis.
Post a Comment
<< Home