Anniversary
Twenty Five years ago today I started basic training, at 5am in Pensacola, Florida. Back then navy flyers had a separate commissioning program, with the distinction of being the only pipeline with Marine drill instructors. I'll let you guess how those lovable grunts liked to nurture officers, Naval officers.
I was active duty for nine and a half years, and it generally seems either like it was several lifetimes ago, or just yesterday that I awoke to the first day of my military career in Pensacola.
As I celebrate this anniversary (which I nearly forgot!), please take a moment to send your thoughts to the men and women in uniform right now. I get angry then all teary everytime I think of the under-appreciated sacrifices they have made the last eight years.
I was active duty for nine and a half years, and it generally seems either like it was several lifetimes ago, or just yesterday that I awoke to the first day of my military career in Pensacola.
As I celebrate this anniversary (which I nearly forgot!), please take a moment to send your thoughts to the men and women in uniform right now. I get angry then all teary everytime I think of the under-appreciated sacrifices they have made the last eight years.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home