Release Night at the Day Job #2
I got in early as I accepted a phone screen, a sort of pre-interview, forgetting I was scheduled for 8pm - 4am. So, in at 3:30 do the interview and clear a number of tasks. I'm not going to do much more work right now, as I'm pretty beat and I figure I wouldn't save any time as I'm too likely to introduce bugs I'll have to track down.
The good news, is the prospect I screened seemed good as did the last so we may soon have a new db dev. I'm considering cancelling my vacation plans in December which I don't want to do, especially because at this point I've not had a day off since August. Who has the world's smallest violin to go with that?
I'm still in shock about the election. I hadn't realized how much my faith in Americans had suffered as a result of our mad dash towards totalitarianism and demonization of the weak to distract us from corporate inspired depradations. I don't think we yet realize how far we have sunk, but to change direction is a wonderful step. We are moving away from denial towards healing, maybe even growth at some point. I posted this at the liberal discussion group at work.
The good news, is the prospect I screened seemed good as did the last so we may soon have a new db dev. I'm considering cancelling my vacation plans in December which I don't want to do, especially because at this point I've not had a day off since August. Who has the world's smallest violin to go with that?
I'm still in shock about the election. I hadn't realized how much my faith in Americans had suffered as a result of our mad dash towards totalitarianism and demonization of the weak to distract us from corporate inspired depradations. I don't think we yet realize how far we have sunk, but to change direction is a wonderful step. We are moving away from denial towards healing, maybe even growth at some point. I posted this at the liberal discussion group at work.
It's only beginning to sink in for me. I'd gotten so pessimistic about our country and it's direction I was in a state of shocked denial last night. Today I'm getting intense emotional flashes. I'm feeling pretty whimpy for a combat veteran. ; )I'm still getting emotional and the denial lingers. It's getting better and I've lost my five or six year obsession for checking new sites all day long.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home