Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, October 16, 2008

Preemptive Cynicism?

I think Stevens is guilty. Mostly knee-jerk. There are real factors. Then there is the fact that he is a republican and from a family deeply involved in corruption. The "you are defined by the company you keep idea." Of course it can be taken to ridiculous ends as is the case with linking Obama to tenuous and ancient acquaintances. (Now if Obama was a recent keynote speaker for groups advocating domestic terrorism or celebrated vicious witch hunts in his church that would get him closer to the seemingluy infinite unsavory associate list of Palin.) Hmm, that is one quiet 800 pound gorilla in the McCain camp.

After the company he creates and keeps, there is precedent. Ashcroft. Gonzo. Mukasey. I don't know the credentials of the prosecutors in his case, but it certainly sounds like liberty university type shenanigans. Screw up the case so he gets off. Yup, I'd say he's as safe as a jaywalker wearing a brown shirt during a 1939 Berlin book burning. Of course, even then there was the occasional rogue cop who enforced the law. Maybe the apparent prosecutorial mishaps are more overblown Rupert-Noise. Dream on Scott...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home