Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, April 12, 2007

Come On Down

So, I don't have strep, but something is wonky. Maybe another virus clearing up. Or maybe I had strep and the symptoms outlasted the infection? I'd better not get another bug for a long time.

I have a callback with Greenstage for Richard III. Of course it turns out I have rehearsal that night too. I sure hope I can work something out. I like Greenstage, Shakespeare, and of course Richard III... And I need lots of sleep right now. This isn't designed to make it any easier. Sometimes whatever grand design there is seems obscure.

It's frustrating, but not a hard choice. Not really a choice at all when it comes down to it. I'd love the opportunity to work for Greenstage. If push comes to shove, Arsenic And Old Lace comes first. Not because I love the play, or that it is special to me because it was the first play I ever saw with my Dad when I was seven, or because it is a great group to work with. Nope, it is a straightforward ethical question. I'll ask, but not fuss or worry about it if I can't work out something. It's happened before. It's all part of being an actor. Rejection. Missed opportunities. And why? So you can go out on the boards and bring something special to the audience, which in turn fills and comforts your soul.

PS - Noon Friday: My rehearsal schedule was moved around due to other conflicts so I'll be available for the callback. I'll still have to work for that, but I'm tickled all the same. If I get cast I'll have to find a new brass ring. For now, I'm having my cake and eating it too. I'm home from work sick, the gray lining on my silver cloud. I managed to sleep in quite late, in preparation for the nap I'm about to start. Three devices in one paragraph. I'm not lucid yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home