Squared
Damnit! I left my carrots at home. I'll certainly be hungry by lunch time! I got the whittled carrots, or as they're marketed baby carrots. To me it's kind of like calling the little smoky sausages baby pork or beef. Just because they are packaged smaller means they're babies. I guess the term baby doesn't have an official meaning for vegetables. Or it is meaningless for food products in general, and the reason we don't see it used for animal products is it evokes pictures of baby animals. The Hell I say. The cuter, the tastier. I have no class. How can you be square and crass? I'll keep trying.
Do you think everybody in Cuba is praying that Fidel lasts until Bush is out of office? (Thanks Piccadilly.)
Our popinjay in the Oval Office is posturing over Cuba already, and we haven't even finished throwing gasoline on the Middle East conflagration we started.
Speaking of square, from a geek perspective, I'm officially square today. 72 That's right I'm forty nine today, one year from the big five oh. I'll either go on vacation, or have a Black Friday Party next year.
Birthdays aren't at the top of my agenda any longer, and I only remembered because I saw something dated on a web site this morning and my Dad called to wish me Happy Birthday a little while ago. I do remember talking with my brother on Sunday that something reminded me my anniversary would have been on Monday. Surprisingly I totally forgot about that until I realized today was my birthday. Time is a wonderful gift. I remember being unable to imagine a day where I didn't think of my ex, and now that chapter rarely intrudes.
Dad asked where I wanted my birthday dinner on Sunday. I'd forgotten that is when we had our tickets for the Intiman. Rachel suggested I ask a fellow theatre nut friend from her acting classes. Thanks Rachel. H will be meeting me at the theater on Sunday. I didn't even have her phone number any longer. I deleted it a while back as we haven't been in touch for so long. Keeping unused numbers for too long seems kind of ookie, especially if they belong to a pretty young woman. I think the last time I saw here was in a production Rachel directed, where I also saw her husband Ian whom I knew from a couple old classes too.
Back to w. I still can't believe that twit is running our country. Do the republicans realize the best thing they could do for themselves is to quickly launch and execute impeachment proceedings? Of course booting the bastard out of office is no good, as look who is in line. That would be out of the frying pan and straight into the depths of Hell!
Here's an old video my roommate sent me. The link I used to have took forever to load, and had a little more up front with Leno talking about how this reminds him of the classic protest tunes from the 60's.
Do you think everybody in Cuba is praying that Fidel lasts until Bush is out of office? (Thanks Piccadilly.)
Our popinjay in the Oval Office is posturing over Cuba already, and we haven't even finished throwing gasoline on the Middle East conflagration we started.
Speaking of square, from a geek perspective, I'm officially square today. 72 That's right I'm forty nine today, one year from the big five oh. I'll either go on vacation, or have a Black Friday Party next year.
Birthdays aren't at the top of my agenda any longer, and I only remembered because I saw something dated on a web site this morning and my Dad called to wish me Happy Birthday a little while ago. I do remember talking with my brother on Sunday that something reminded me my anniversary would have been on Monday. Surprisingly I totally forgot about that until I realized today was my birthday. Time is a wonderful gift. I remember being unable to imagine a day where I didn't think of my ex, and now that chapter rarely intrudes.
Dad asked where I wanted my birthday dinner on Sunday. I'd forgotten that is when we had our tickets for the Intiman. Rachel suggested I ask a fellow theatre nut friend from her acting classes. Thanks Rachel. H will be meeting me at the theater on Sunday. I didn't even have her phone number any longer. I deleted it a while back as we haven't been in touch for so long. Keeping unused numbers for too long seems kind of ookie, especially if they belong to a pretty young woman. I think the last time I saw here was in a production Rachel directed, where I also saw her husband Ian whom I knew from a couple old classes too.
Back to w. I still can't believe that twit is running our country. Do the republicans realize the best thing they could do for themselves is to quickly launch and execute impeachment proceedings? Of course booting the bastard out of office is no good, as look who is in line. That would be out of the frying pan and straight into the depths of Hell!
Here's an old video my roommate sent me. The link I used to have took forever to load, and had a little more up front with Leno talking about how this reminds him of the classic protest tunes from the 60's.
2 Comments:
Happy Birthday, young man!
w and his ilk have no clue as to what they do. Rumsfeld was being grilled by Senator Clinton today and he just tried to poo-poo her premise of Iraq in civil war by saying it certainly appeared to be nothing like the one the U.S. had. This, after his general said that Iraq was soon to be in civil war. Friggin' idiots.
Have fun at the theatre!
Happy Birthday!
We have to start thinking of that looming landmark as being a new beginning - five again with the benefit of that extra zero... :) Haven't quite convinced myself yet...
Post a Comment
<< Home