Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cast Aside

Upon getting home I went through the fridge like a tempest. I kept two bottles of hot sauce (Tabasco and a local brand) which weren't very old and two bottles of cooking oil. Those are things which don't really need refrigeration unless they are likely to stay around for more than six months. Sealed beverages and other non-perishables, a tub of margarine, and the food I cooked last night stayed. Everything else went. Filled a large garbage can over half way. Many, many partial bottles of pickles, sauces, and such are all gone. The damn stuff weighed a lot. I rolled the trash can out to the curd side bin, which is only a little bigger, and lifted it up. I was impressed I was able to do so without straining, just a good clean lift and dump. All this training seems to have increased my core strength.

Not much in my fridge now. It was easier than I'd expected, as I didn't let myself examine things. After all the fridge got kinda' warm a week and a half back. It was a triumph though. I like an uncluttered fridge, and now I have it.

I haven't heard back on the script I submitted to the Freehold new play festival. Since Freehold is closed, and today is when they were going to notify folks I'll have to try again later. Lots of opportunities are available for new works so I'm not at all upset. I kind of wondered about that, but the relief at maintaining my leisure through the end of this months outweighed any disappointment I might have felt or buried. I'm excited about a couple other projects, so now I can get started on those too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home