Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, March 23, 2006

Shit On a Shingle

I decided to trim my hair before going to bed. About a five minute job. Apparently I didn't get the guard on the clippers snugly, and it fell off. The problem is that it fell onto a towel -- no noise. Did a couple swaths, checked my progress, and instead of 3/8" I had about 1/32" of an inch of hair. Bother, so much for five minutes. More time is needed to get a very short cropping to look right. Maybe I'll be a bald MacBeth. At least I still have time to grow my hair and beard back to where I had initially planned for it to be for the show. Lori will be a bit startled, but I'll see what hair length works best for her as Lady M.

I have been cutting my own hair for years, about eight if I remember aright, and this is the first disaster. Maybe it will be serendipitous. Only time will tell.

G'night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

Maybe it's the jinx that is getting you. Perhaps you should not be writing out the full name of the play even in the blog. "The Scottish Play," "Mac."

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home