Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Let's Hear It For the Little Guys

This is disgusting. I don't mean the abuse of Iraqis, which I've gone on about before. We convicted a 24 year old enlisted guy, and let the architects off the hook. Marines are being investigated for possible war crimes. This must be addressed, but again the architects are getting off in more ways than one.

How is this supposed to play out? Does the administration think these hapless scapegoats are enough to satisfy the majority of the world, and now this country, who think the administration is criminally responsible for this mess? Will it make the blindered Bush loyalists praise their clay footed icon more?

Is it supposed to help morale? This from a president who blames the little guys (enlisted troops following orders) for carrying out HIS policy? Who promotes the shyster who wrote the legal opinions justifying war crimes to the highest law enforcement position in the nation? This military pretender who has with the help of the former Director of the CIA (his daddy) and the former VP and President (his daddy) has hidden his military records so thoroughly that not one copy has come to light?

These neo-con cowards go on about supporting the troops, yet they persecute them for carrying out the neo-con agenda. The only people in the military who the neo-cons support are the very senior officers who have whored themselves in support of the administration's misinformation campaign, and the contract mercenaries who get the plum jobs and big, big bucks. Yet, the conservatives feel betrayed the troops who are doing the actual fighting disapprove of the war and don't feel supported.

Hey there neo-con! Putting a bumper sticker on your car saying you support the troops does not make it so, nor does it make you anything close to brave. If you had an iota of courage or patriotism you'd not be scared silly at the thought of asking questions of the president or the government, and challenge their integrity if there is a smidgen doubt. You'd pursue the truth as avidly as you did about a president staining an intern's dress. We're talking about thousands and thousands of human lives here you preening jackasses.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home