Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Jumping In

Golly. I was exhausted when I got home yesterday. Still, I walked around the track four or five times. I live across the street from a junior high, so there is a decent track a short walk from my front door. I brought along a copy of the Shakespeare monologue, which was memorized to the point where I could remember it with a little thought. So I walked around the track several times deliberately stressing the even syllables when my right foot hit the ground. I recited quietly, but with my voice open wide, so as to not bother all the other folks using the track while not building the habit of holding back my voice. The last lap or two I simply ran the lines, and the modern monologue as well.

Even after the low key exercise I was still beat. I decided that a good night's rest would prepare me better for audition coaching than text analysis. I postponed my chiropractor appoint for this afternoon, which should give me a little more time to do some analysis before Paula and I go to work tonight. At least I finally feel a little more alert.

I received a call from Freehold while I was riding in to work morning. I checked my voice mail and I've gotten over the first hurdle. I'm invited to the Ensemble Training Intensive audition from Noon until 5PM on Sunday. I'm to wear clothes I can move in. For me that is comfy jeans with suspenders. We'll be doing group improv, paired improv, and individual auditions with the monologues. I'm excited, and asking myself at the same time, "What the Hell have I gotten myself into?" I'm scared, and very pleased about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Rutherford said...

Congrats on the invitation to the intensive. Just keep doing the footwork, that's all that's asked.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home