Ends And Odds
Had a weird dream last night. Probably because it only a snippet was remembered, and was about my blog. At the bottom of an entry it said "7 comments." I remember thinking in the dream, there must be a discussion going because I'd be surprised if seven people read it, much less commented on it. The picture of the blog and the thought are all I remember. Dreaming about my blog... Maybe I'm too much into blogging?
This weekend I rented a dvd with Poltergeist II and III -- watched Poltergeist III. Pretty impressive cast, including Kipley. The beginning scenes failed to set up the story, and were wooden. I know, I know, Kipley has said it all before. What I found interesting was the middle of the movie had some nice work: connection, flow, and engaging of the audience were there. Again like Kipley said, the end failed to tie up the story. It's like the filming and editing budget was all spent in the middle, leaving the ends sort of frayed. It was especially fun to see Kipley, because I've been reading his blog for about a year which makes you E-friends I suppose. He was still a teenager, and his character was one of the very few which was always engaging, as well as believable.
I wondered about the filming. All sorts of rumors abounded about Heather O'Rourke, the young leading actress who died shortly after filming. It must be a very eerie thought for people who worked on that film to realize she was literally dying during the project. It is not an unusual happening, in fact it happens all the time. What makes me think it must be a poignant thing was that it was a child, and it was captured on film. It still touches me that a boy in my high school died of cancer, and I aside from junior and senior high yearbooks I've no record. It is unexpected for someone so young, and it still affects me. More than the closer friends who died in the Naval Aviation community I was a part of.
Kipley talked about a one man piece he was working on about the show and his character. If you're reading today Kipley, that is something I would enjoy a whole lot.
This Monday we were catching up a new boy in the class I read to, on the longish story we are finishing up, and who I am. Upon mentioning I am an actor one of the other boys in the class asked for my autograph. "I'm not a famous actor." Didn't matter, and then more kids wanted my "autograph." Again, they make you laugh and feel warm at the same time. When I took pictures of the kids so I could remember their names (still in work) I had two prints made so I could give them copies. Well, I guess I'll have to "autograph" the backs of the pictures for them this weekend.
While I was driving in this morning I noticed matching little creases in the nails of my index fingers. Like a very, very faint version of the dent when the nail grows back. After having the nail torn loose, or it falls off thanks to a large blood blister courtesy of something like a well-swung, poorly-aimed hammer. I thought it might be from using crutches for a month or so, then ruled that out. Then I noticed it was present at the same place on all ten fingers. (Haven't checked my toes yet.)
Tomorrow will make it 3 months since I broke the leg, and the crease seems about that far from the nail bed. Maybe the nails were slighted for a week or two while my body focused on the traumatized leg bones and muscles, and did it's emergency repairs. Anybody ever notice similar nail anomalies after a significant injury and/or surgery? Maybe it was from the freakin' percocet which I hated with a passion.
Tonight I'm off to the final opera of the season. You know, I'm think I'm going to do the same thing next year. I suspect in a couple more years when I hope to starting in on conservatory and/or MFA programs the budget won't support that kind of extravagance. Might as well enjoy it while I can.
This weekend I rented a dvd with Poltergeist II and III -- watched Poltergeist III. Pretty impressive cast, including Kipley. The beginning scenes failed to set up the story, and were wooden. I know, I know, Kipley has said it all before. What I found interesting was the middle of the movie had some nice work: connection, flow, and engaging of the audience were there. Again like Kipley said, the end failed to tie up the story. It's like the filming and editing budget was all spent in the middle, leaving the ends sort of frayed. It was especially fun to see Kipley, because I've been reading his blog for about a year which makes you E-friends I suppose. He was still a teenager, and his character was one of the very few which was always engaging, as well as believable.
I wondered about the filming. All sorts of rumors abounded about Heather O'Rourke, the young leading actress who died shortly after filming. It must be a very eerie thought for people who worked on that film to realize she was literally dying during the project. It is not an unusual happening, in fact it happens all the time. What makes me think it must be a poignant thing was that it was a child, and it was captured on film. It still touches me that a boy in my high school died of cancer, and I aside from junior and senior high yearbooks I've no record. It is unexpected for someone so young, and it still affects me. More than the closer friends who died in the Naval Aviation community I was a part of.
Kipley talked about a one man piece he was working on about the show and his character. If you're reading today Kipley, that is something I would enjoy a whole lot.
This Monday we were catching up a new boy in the class I read to, on the longish story we are finishing up, and who I am. Upon mentioning I am an actor one of the other boys in the class asked for my autograph. "I'm not a famous actor." Didn't matter, and then more kids wanted my "autograph." Again, they make you laugh and feel warm at the same time. When I took pictures of the kids so I could remember their names (still in work) I had two prints made so I could give them copies. Well, I guess I'll have to "autograph" the backs of the pictures for them this weekend.
While I was driving in this morning I noticed matching little creases in the nails of my index fingers. Like a very, very faint version of the dent when the nail grows back. After having the nail torn loose, or it falls off thanks to a large blood blister courtesy of something like a well-swung, poorly-aimed hammer. I thought it might be from using crutches for a month or so, then ruled that out. Then I noticed it was present at the same place on all ten fingers. (Haven't checked my toes yet.)
Tomorrow will make it 3 months since I broke the leg, and the crease seems about that far from the nail bed. Maybe the nails were slighted for a week or two while my body focused on the traumatized leg bones and muscles, and did it's emergency repairs. Anybody ever notice similar nail anomalies after a significant injury and/or surgery? Maybe it was from the freakin' percocet which I hated with a passion.
Tonight I'm off to the final opera of the season. You know, I'm think I'm going to do the same thing next year. I suspect in a couple more years when I hope to starting in on conservatory and/or MFA programs the budget won't support that kind of extravagance. Might as well enjoy it while I can.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home