Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, April 23, 2005

Cuppa One

Release night, and all is quiet. I hope it stays that way. They do a good job here, so the chances are very good. I left just in time to get here, and didn't get a chance to stop by the store for snacks or a sandwich. While it would have been nice it certainly was not a priority for me. I grabbed a couple apples, a pear, and some nuts, plus We've got V-8 in the coolers. I love the complimentary beverage policy here. Especially when it complements my snacks. If I want something more carby, I can always walk on over to the cafeteria which is open on these special nights.

Funny thing. I used to be such a junk food guy. Don't get me wrong, I still like the occasional DQ meal or chips, or a few cubic yards of good cookies, just not all that often. Neither my body, nor my taste buds meekly tolerate it now. It somehow seems weird, but I enjoy my food more, even though I eat slower, less, healthier. Sounds pretty radical to me.

Paula called up about 8:00PM as I started getting ready to go. We talked about theatre -- imagine that! Paula's mind goes a zillion miles an hour (as mine does at times shooting from obscure tangent to tangent) and she was talking about wedding planning. Whoa, I was still processing something else, and realized I'd heard what she had just said, but hadn't fully absorbed it. Was I paying too close attention to the conversation, savoring, thinking, and not catching up, or drifting? The former I think because I was trying to figure out how we could see some of the shows we want to see. Rather how to miss the fewest shows with people we know in them.

There are three shows I want to see tomorrow night, one at Freehold a wonderful movement piece which I saw in development and which George Lewis encouraged me to come when I called, one a musical by Annex Theatre with to actors I know, and the other a comedy in Port Orchard with three actors I know. This will be my only chance to see the movement piece, and the other two both close. Damn, it was hard, but I picked the movement piece.

Paula and Steve making wedding plans, Paula also wanting to AD for Bart if it works out for Three Sisters, and won't hurt day job prospects too badly. "We're picking Sunday afternoon, even though people with matinee performances will miss the ceremony." Oh shite I missed some details, what day? Uh, month? Whew, I'll be done with my show and Shakespeare Intensive by then. Paula was as relieved as I, saying "If Scott couldn't make it, well that would too much." Golly! Tremendous friends as I've said before. They continue to surprise and warm me. I look at my dynamic group of friends in awe. What did I do... Best not to dwell on it, I'd rather dwell in it. Thank you my friends, near and far, close and potentially close.

I see a little brown spot in my apple. I wonder if I just ate a little protein. Eww. Well, probably less than what you'd find in a modest bite from a healthy granola bar. The healthier foods do tend to have appeal to other organisms. If bugs and such won't touch it, why the hell should we?

Almost time for another cup of coffee. Maybe it'll get me rolling on a political rant. It's been building the last few weeks...

[ Actual time of post 12:23 AM ]
[ tweaking to sequence posts ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home