Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, October 01, 2004

Life!

Tomorrow morning I will go to Rachel's improv class at BCC. I hadn't planned on taking the class. A student or two more were needed to make the class a go. Well, regardless of where you are in your training or career an improv workout with new people is a gift, and if it would help make the class a go how could I resist?

Sadly, I need to leave the class half way through, at Noon. I don't want to, but neither do I want to miss the opportunity to rehearse a scene from The Cherry Orchard with professional actors and a classically trained (British) director.

I love it. Going straight from an improv workout taught by one of my best friends, to a rehearsal with a director who is another friend for whom I have a lot of respect. Art and friends, and more art and friends. I am happier than a pig rolling in mud. It's stressful, creates tension, makes me a touch over-extended, and I am feeling really alive again. Heck I could even be happy with Bush worshipers right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well managed stress is good...especially if you put it on yourself and rise to the challenge. Shawn's been offered an opportunity to turn one of her class assignments from last term into a published work. It would give her part of an independent study credit towards her degree plus it would look good on her resume. She's wondering if she can manage the workload along with her classes and the job. I'm encouraging her to go for it. She can do it, but it will require some discipline on her part. The paper would have to be completed by June, when her co-author graduates.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home