Bobblehead doll: cost $135,000,000,000
Here's another of my posts to the political discussion group at work.
Did anyone watch the Rose Garden double-header speech this morning? Regardless of your political bent it was simply a rehashing of the same old Bush doctrine. I was truly bothered by Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.
It was pathetically apparent they used the same speech writers. It made Mr. Allawi sound like a parrot. Couldn't they have tried some different superlative adjectives for describing Uber-Bush in the second speech?
I did not see Mr. Allawi look straight ahead to the audience once. His eyes were always on the script or looking to the left at Bush. It made Mr. Allawi look like a bobblehead doll. The poor man was so obviously seeking approval I found myself feeling bad Bush wouldn't give him a cookie, or at least a cracker.
It was an atrocious and frightening display. It instills fear which is the Whitehouse's well-proven primary domestic and international policy tool. In this case I don't think it was good strategy.
Thanks,
- Scott
PS - For you Trekkies, Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi was like a clone of the character John Gill in Patterns of Force.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TOS/episode/68764.html
Did anyone watch the Rose Garden double-header speech this morning? Regardless of your political bent it was simply a rehashing of the same old Bush doctrine. I was truly bothered by Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.
It was pathetically apparent they used the same speech writers. It made Mr. Allawi sound like a parrot. Couldn't they have tried some different superlative adjectives for describing Uber-Bush in the second speech?
I did not see Mr. Allawi look straight ahead to the audience once. His eyes were always on the script or looking to the left at Bush. It made Mr. Allawi look like a bobblehead doll. The poor man was so obviously seeking approval I found myself feeling bad Bush wouldn't give him a cookie, or at least a cracker.
It was an atrocious and frightening display. It instills fear which is the Whitehouse's well-proven primary domestic and international policy tool. In this case I don't think it was good strategy.
Thanks,
- Scott
PS - For you Trekkies, Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi was like a clone of the character John Gill in Patterns of Force.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TOS/episode/68764.html

3 Comments:
I saw part of that speech and you're right, it was pathetic. Mr. Allawi was clearly coached on towing the party line. What was even more pathetic was that, during questioning by the press, Bush did a poorer job at answering than Allawi did and presumably they had the same coaching staff.
I missed the questions, as bile was rising and I was already a little late for work. I suspect my posts at work have been a little too shrill lately. No one else plays. Of course we're all a bit burnt out too.
Shawn suggested, given my description of Mr. Allawi's performance being better than The Shrub's, that perhaps I should re-think my position on amending the Constitution to allow foreign born presidents. Touche!
Post a Comment
<< Home