Murphy, give it a rest
On Monday or Tuesday evening as I was leaving the office I nicked my left index finger on the trunk lock of my motorcycle. The metal tumbler cover was damaged in a mishap a while back. A mangled bit of the lock face which gouged a piece from the finger, about the size of a grain of rice. It still smarts a bit, but nothing drastic. A slice would have sealed, stopped bleeding, and healed more quickly, but no such luck. It was still bleeding fairly freely several hours later when I made up a pan of Kraft macaroni which I've not done in a while.
It is not a complicated task. I was being careful to keep my tender finger out of the way as I poured the water and macaroni into a sieve I was holding. I was not focused where I should have been. I poured a good deal the boiling mixture over the rest of my hand. At least, I didn't get any on the little owie on the finger. I immediately put my hand under cold running water while keeping up a running blue commentary on my intelligence. Then I started laughing at myself. Not as funny as the vandal's cars stuck in the lawn they trashed the other day, but still it was a pretty good stupid human trick, and I got away with nary a blister.
It is not a complicated task. I was being careful to keep my tender finger out of the way as I poured the water and macaroni into a sieve I was holding. I was not focused where I should have been. I poured a good deal the boiling mixture over the rest of my hand. At least, I didn't get any on the little owie on the finger. I immediately put my hand under cold running water while keeping up a running blue commentary on my intelligence. Then I started laughing at myself. Not as funny as the vandal's cars stuck in the lawn they trashed the other day, but still it was a pretty good stupid human trick, and I got away with nary a blister.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home