Tight Makes Might
So there Nietzsche.
I was looking at the haikus I wrote earlier, and while they may not be much, for me nearly every line is a summation of pages and pages of thought, memory, and joy or rage.
I reviewed and made a summary of The Nazi Nearest You, the play I will be talking about for my presentation on Thursday morning. It brought back the power of the play, as well as the structure.
In rewriting a couple scripts I am working on, I am now thinking of writing a summary, then writing them as a series of haikus, to help pick out the parts which are pivotal and resonant; identifying what needs to be cut or enhanced. Basically an ultra-tight version of my work, with more life and juice than I have ever been able to put into an outline. In a couple weeks or months I'll let you know if it helps at all.
I was looking at the haikus I wrote earlier, and while they may not be much, for me nearly every line is a summation of pages and pages of thought, memory, and joy or rage.
I reviewed and made a summary of The Nazi Nearest You, the play I will be talking about for my presentation on Thursday morning. It brought back the power of the play, as well as the structure.
In rewriting a couple scripts I am working on, I am now thinking of writing a summary, then writing them as a series of haikus, to help pick out the parts which are pivotal and resonant; identifying what needs to be cut or enhanced. Basically an ultra-tight version of my work, with more life and juice than I have ever been able to put into an outline. In a couple weeks or months I'll let you know if it helps at all.
1 Comments:
I am a big believer in haikus.
Post a Comment
<< Home