Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, March 02, 2007

Damn Those Malingering Victims

The fellow who used to be in charge of Walter Reed blamed the problem on the Washington Post. Typical right wing cowardice. It should not be news to anyone that we haven't been supporting the military folks, especially returning veterans, and mare particularly those with the most need. For anyone to say this is a surprise is hard evidence of their premeditated ignorance, or cover-up if they are involved even peripherally.

Of course, the blaming of the Washington Post for finally finding a specific issue which got media attention on the long-standing policy of neglect and abuse of our wounded veterans instituted by Bush is #2 in the neo-con playbook. #1 of course, is to blame the victim, and we're already hearing the disgusting undercurrent of that tactic. It's kind of a gasping sucking sound, as american decency is once again removed from the debate by moneyed vultures.

Bush and his corporate sponsors, have diverted every possible cent to mercenaries for their failed oil acquisition adventure. Who pays? The real soldiers. Pretty typical. As I've harped on numerous times the only discrimination and abuse I've experienced as a combat veteran comes from those same self-righteous conservatives.

Who was the administration lap dog anbd former commander of Walter Reed who blamed the Washington Post for all the problems at Walter Reed? You probably know, it is none other than General Kevin C. Kiley, the new Surgeon General. He is so compromised, corrupted by the republican leadership he toadies to that I expect the Surgeon General's warning on cigarettes to be replaced with "The Surgeon General has determined that cigarettes are extremely healthy in large doses for the amoral corporations pushing their use on children."

Meanwhile how will the profoundly cowardly mob which supports misusing our troops to kill those brown heathens hoarding our oil going to react to the troops they pretend to support? Read the wackos like rush, coulter, and o'reilly to find out the proper conservative justification for abusing our wounded veterans. I sure don't feel like reading the scum-mongers right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home