Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Sunday, July 01, 2012

Missed Week

I missed seeing Mom this weekend. I've had an information goal of seeing her at least every other week. I was feeling a little lazy and didn't get things organized.

I spoke with Danielle last week. She is the person from Hospice working with Mom, and the family. It seems the cancer has slowed. It is an inexact science, and as she is not doing doctor's appointments any more that bit of extra information is not available. I'm not complaining, as I think it is best for all concerned. I have noticed she has lost a little more strength, something I'll have to deal with. I've not noticed problems with lucidity, but that doesn't mean much. I think seeing the kids gives her something to focus on and I spent a lot of time with her over the years before her prescriptions where under control or managed, so any degree of clarity is something I can cherish.

When Hospice assumed her care they did not offer prognosis, like six months. That is the possibility or they wouldn't have taken on her care. She'd had a pretty quick degradation, which seems to have slowed down. So there are many thoughts and questions for us. Is it going to stay slow, or is the cancer doing it's dark work unnoticed for now, or is it moving in starts and fits. I suspect the latter, the uneven progress with no particular reason other than it makes sense to me on a personal level.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home