Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quick Update

Mom made a quick call on Thursday evening to thank us for having her over for a "wonderful dinner." She was chatty for a bit and pretty gracious about the dinner we made and our company before she ran out of steam. Dinners at our place are usually a team effort, with Ericka doing most of the cleaning and me doing most of the cooking. I think I'm getting the best of that. Our neighbor and friend Elizabeth dropped my for a moment and Mom was disappointed Elizabeth didn't stay longer. She remembered Elizabeth from another recent visit.

She mentioned she felt weird. Not good or bad, just different. I wondered whether it was more from the medication or the cancer. I think she was both trying to figure out for herself and reassuring me.

I took some pictures of her on Sunday, two of which are posted below. (Click through for larger versions.) We sat outside for a bit. It cooled fairly quickly as the sun was getting low, which you may be able to tell was over my right shoulder as I was taking the picture. She is wearing the nice outfit Terrie sent her.
MkII_06036 Mom
MkII_06034 Mom

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos, Scott.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home