Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, June 01, 2012

Mother's Day

The dinner was a day early, and this post a couple weeks late...

We had Mom over for Mother's Day on Saturday. A day early. That worked out well as it was a little muggier on Sunday. We don't get a lot of hot weather and Mom has never been fond of the scorchers. I asked what she wanted for dinner, and sweetbreads were requested.

The sweetbreads were quite a hit, Ericka and Mom thought they were the best treat ever. I like sweetbreads too, but I'm not as wild about them as they are. My big concern was they wouldn't compare well as I'd not cooked them before. The consensus was the sweetbreads were the best they'd ever had. I hope I remember how I prepared them.

Mom was a little frustrated with her living situation. I got the impression she was upset her caretakers weren't acting like dedicated servants. I'm pretty forthright so I suspect much of the anger was redirected to me. At least I hope so, as the folks at Queen Ann Manor seem like they are doing a great job, and I'd rather have her acting cross with me than with those who help her day to day.

I've been slow getting this posted. We'll be having her over for dinner again this Sunday, the 3rd. I've not decided what to fix for dinner yet, though I've been thinking of a nice beef roast.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home