Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, April 25, 2011

Simple Asparagus

I like to rinse and cut up the asparagus (about 2" lengths) ahead of time, so I can do the quick cooking as the other dishes are finishing up.

It is very simple, preheat the pan to medium and when the pan is very hot pour in some oil (I like grapeseed oil as it won't smoke so much), and a liberal sprinkling of dill seeds. Let them 'toast' in the hot oil for just a bit, then add the asparagus, getting as much as possible on the surface of the pan. Set the timer for five minutes. When there are 2 minutes left salt and pepper to taste and add ten or so drops, (a modest sprinkling), of lime juice for flavor and steam, then cover until the five minutes is up. Serve.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. My favorite way to serve asparagus is with a fried egg on top, letting the yolk serve as sauce. It's comfort food and, though simple, just about embodies perfection in food for me.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'll have to pass that on to Eric. He's a big fan of asparagus, and has no problem with eggs.

I think I also added a very light dusting of garlic powder. Not enough to pop, just to slightly warm the flavor.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home