Tell Me It Ain't So
Why is Cheney stepping up his criticism of the current administration and of his own administration at this moment? He's got no credibility with the majority of the country, and the media loves it when politicians politically self destruct in front of cameras and mikes. It's as if he desperately wants the spotlight on himself right now.
So, why play the crazy man on the airwaves and web right now, just when a few of his egregious crimes are coming to light? I think that question may answer itself. He will try to stir up his base by claiming his crimes are actually laudable and this is simply a witch hunt because of his criticism of the current and previous administrations. Tell me this is a silly thought if he is meaningfully held accountable for his (treasonous) crimes, and doesn't play the persecution card.
I do love the irony that he is chewing off his 'dubya' foot over Libby. He obviously doesn't really give a tinker's dam for Scooter, he's just setting himself up to assume the typical republican victim role. Did he miss the memo from Stevens and Craig, that the world isn't buying it right now?
So, why play the crazy man on the airwaves and web right now, just when a few of his egregious crimes are coming to light? I think that question may answer itself. He will try to stir up his base by claiming his crimes are actually laudable and this is simply a witch hunt because of his criticism of the current and previous administrations. Tell me this is a silly thought if he is meaningfully held accountable for his (treasonous) crimes, and doesn't play the persecution card.
I do love the irony that he is chewing off his 'dubya' foot over Libby. He obviously doesn't really give a tinker's dam for Scooter, he's just setting himself up to assume the typical republican victim role. Did he miss the memo from Stevens and Craig, that the world isn't buying it right now?
2 Comments:
I agree - it's totally a defensive posture. He's been doing this for a few week's, now, in print. I don't know why the Larry King interview got so much press. Nothing new was said. All King did was feed him the softball lines so Cheney could get his narrative out as he wanted to do.
PS - My Captcha word was "Absash". I imagine that is the equivalent of a girdle.
Post a Comment
<< Home