In the Saddle Again
Well, this week I was back at work. Sadly, finding space in the parking garage is easier. On Thursday (2/26) when I was on the way to the airport I was called by a vp to tell me about the re-org and of some of the people I'd not see again. My company has been laying people off without notice, sneaking them out the service entrance, not even allowing them the say farewell to old workplace friends. There are quite a few to whom I'd like to have offered a referral. The vacation was wonderful, though that phone call kept the stress level pretty high. First time I lost weight on a vacation.
On most of the ten days I was there we went for hikes in the desert, and I finally feel warm from my fingers to my toes. First time since I got chilled in December. I was spending a lot of time snapping pictures, working on getting the shots quickly and I got quite a few I liked. I really like saguaro cacti, and here's one them.

This was our second hike, several miles on South Mountain, which has the claim of being the biggest city park in the country. Here is the same picture, a black and white version of the red channel. I like both versions.
On most of the ten days I was there we went for hikes in the desert, and I finally feel warm from my fingers to my toes. First time since I got chilled in December. I was spending a lot of time snapping pictures, working on getting the shots quickly and I got quite a few I liked. I really like saguaro cacti, and here's one them.
This was our second hike, several miles on South Mountain, which has the claim of being the biggest city park in the country. Here is the same picture, a black and white version of the red channel. I like both versions.
2 Comments:
Welcome back! I was wondering if you were one of the (un)lucky ones during the layoff round. I suppose it's a mixed blessing. :-)
It is a mixed bag indeed.
I don't like hearing from so many of the experienced folks I admire that they are chomping at the bit for a better job market. We're told our jobs are secure, of course this comes from the same leadership which views truth as a tactic, rather than a value.
Post a Comment
<< Home