Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I'm So Not Surprised

So what happens when a democrat screws up their taxes? They own up and withdraw job applications per the wishes of the party leadership.

What happens when a republican knowingly fails to pay taxes, and misrepresents his career? The party leadership asks Joe the Plumber what they should do to regain their reputation and relevance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I overheard a customer yesterday speaking on his cellphone (yep, he was talking while ignoring me while I was ringing him up - great manners). He was anxious to report to the person with whom he was speaking the following: "Obama, our great President, has done it again. He's nominated this woman to a position and she's had a scandal and now leads a position which might affect her former company's profits."

Naturally, I never heard the nominee's name nor was the caller able to pinpoint the position for which she was nominated. He just kept saying "Go to the Weekly Standard blog and they've got it all. It's just breaking news."

The caller seemed genuinely excited by this (probably one of the "I hope he fails" crowd). I doubt that he was ever as excited when the Dick, Cheney, called energy executives into his office to write policy on energy. Nor was he probably as excited when lobbyists were walking the floor of the House to write legislature that affected the companies they represented. The list goes on and so does the hypocrisy and the lack of ethics or insight to moral equivalency.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home