Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, November 20, 2008

Political Telegraphing?

The news about Mukasey's collapse broke in the last couple hours. I, of course, had a wickedly dark thought which will probably not be appropriate for a while. I realized all the editorializing (like "no-nonsense") and life background skated the edge of obituary territory. The so called liberal newspapers simply had less of the flowery accolades. That moves from biographical background to obituary notice territory. It's as though they have already written him off for some reason.

It sounds like he had a serious incident. I would wish that on no man, and hope he recovers quickly.

Perino's statement sounded like the president said, "Hope he can get up and take another hit for the team." What do you think? Here's what she really said, "The president has him in his thoughts and will be kept apprised and hopes that he will be back up and at 'em again soon."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naw, I think that's just Bush folksy talk. Kind of like "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie." Bush isn't even thinking about his job right now...his minions have plans for sure, but he's busy riding his bike.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home