Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Very Gay Play ;^)

Getting ready for another short run. The Amazing Dickie, for which the title of this post is the subtitle goes up tomorrow, and closes Saturday. It's felt like an abbreviated rehearsal schedule, which brings up stress and abject fear. Most of tech was yesterday, and we ran through the first act in order, but with delays between. It is another challenging character for me, and I tried some different things which felt like they worked out well. A lot better than I expected in fact, and while the director didn't have notes for me, I made quite a few.

I still feel like I have at least 80% of my training from ETI (a one year conservatory program I finished about two years ago) to assimilate. It is nice to at least have the feeling that I am improving greatly. It helps me deal with the constant feeling of being an utter drub when I'm on the boards.

I'm horrible about announcing shows I'm in, so if you're a reader please consider this a personal invite! I vow to do better in the future.

On another note, it turns out I am an inch too tall for the bit (one of the soldiers) they wanted me for at the Seattle Opera. The good news, I'm the alternate for another bit (one of the guards) that is on stage a whole lot more. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing Aida from either the stage or my subscription seat. I've heard about it a lot, partly because it's a favorite in crossword puzzles. All the vowels I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home