Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, June 09, 2008

The Bush Illegacy Begins

The whitehouse conveniently 'lost' copious records of their E-mail records. Gee whiz golly gee. That may soon cause them more pain than it relieved. The cabal's above the law credentials have wilted a bit, despite everything they could do to maintain opaqueness and openly encourage further terrorist attacks to help them keep the level of fear they so desparately need to implement their policies.

Now, that scoundrel Abramoff is resurfacing and documentation is showing he had much more contact with the whitehouse than was previously admitted. Poor babies. They may not have the resources to magically find (and cook) the missing E-mail archives. About all they can say is "We have better documentation, but we lost it since we were illegally using gop accounts and failing to properly archive the legal E-mails..." Hmm, I think this may be too much for their one time supporters base to swallow.

Of course, I don't believe an accurate E-mail trail would exonerate these tyrants of anything. It's just nice that we've finally arrived at a point where they may feel a bit of discomfort while peddling lies. At some point I expect the house of cards will collapse. This probably isn't the tipping point, but it moves them closer to realizing their legacy. Or should the be the Bush Illegacy?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a thought for you: how about a terrorist attack right before the election? I know this was brought up in 2004 as a way to keep Bush in office because what could be better for Al Qaida than Bush? But that race, while close, was sort of in Bush's pocket. McQueeg is also good for Al Qaida and this race is thus far not even close for him.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I've thought of that, and there are a couple other thoughts which make me feel a bit better about that eventuality.

First, the timing might not be in their favor regarding US opinion. While our self-styled leaders may be utterly ignorant of middle-eastern culture by both design and hubris, they have a much better take of ours. Bush and his corporate handlers have screwed up so bad that another attack at this time would likely further weaken their position.

If Al Qaeda wanted an American government more suited to their needs they'd probably be better waiting until the end of the next president's term, especially if it is Obama. The risk is there we may be a little less arrogant and greedy in our national policy so we won't dance to their tune like Bush did and does.

Of course they may see that, and a less arrogant america is not something that will help them recruit. As they grow they will bring in more moderates, and a less imperialistic america would speak to their better sense, so the very fact of their growth gives us an opportunity to weaken them by simply being the nation we should be. The kind that lives up to the quotes of Rushdie and Keller I currently have on my blog template.

I saw a Salon article in the can, which I thought quite apropos on the broader topic of the abysmal failures of conservatism. http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/06/10/liberals/

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home