Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, June 10, 2008

For

I am really excited about Obama clinching. As you've no doubt figured from my ponderous past posts, I don't think much of Clinton for her support in starting the Iraq War and all the predictable war crimes being the bad guy leads to, or for her belated and neocon style cold-hearted use of the military, dead, active-duty and veterans alike. A good deal of my life's baggage summed up there. So there is a deep and unforgiving detestation of people like her, w, Rumsfeld, Powell, Petraeus, etc. Whether they are instigator or enabler they are responsible for bringing our nation to the brink of destruction, and the deaths of every soldier, marine, and Iraqi innocent sacrificed with no real reason for those of us who don't have salaries in the 7 digit and above range.

Obama. Elected or not come November, the fact that we have chosen a man above the fray, who speaks his mind instead of vetted sound bytes, and believes that government should serve the voter and not the other way round is heartening. For the first time in thirty years we are moving towards democracy, instead of using it as a catch-phrase to justify the most heinous corruption and oppression in our country's modern history.

Someone who gives me hope. Someone I can vote for! I'm freaking tired of trying to pick the lesser evil. Perhaps for the first time in my life I'll have the chance to vote for principle, instead of the recurrent and depressing exercise to guess the least onerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home