Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Thursday, May 24, 2007

Listening Skills -- Need More Work

Well, I skipped eating Wednesday and finally had a protein heavy salad for lunch on Thursday. I wasn't really feeling sick. I wasn't feeling particularly wonderful either. There was a desire to clean up, or rather an engulfing lack of enthusiasm for food. Didn't stop caffeine though. You see, it wasn't a planned thing, just a feeling of impending queasiness. I've a feeling one of my staples needs to be removed. The soup in the lunchroom? Corn chips? Chocolate? (Better damn well not be chocolate.) Not enough fruits and veggies? Just because my diet is many times better than it used to be, doesn't mean there is not a lot of room for improvement.

I've been craving veggies more than fruit lately. My apples and tangerines are getting a bit dodgy. Haven't eaten one in a couple weeks, so it is time to restock and resume gobbling fruit for snacks. I think I was so happy to find corn chips seemed okay I let them invade the fruit niche. It's a constant battle, which I can quantify a little. I've been stuck in the 215 region for a while, nearly two months. I'd like to lose at least another ten pounds by my birthday in early August so I can celebrate losing fifty pounds along with lasting fifty years. So there is that desire in there some place. That along with how much better I feel with most the industrial crap out of my diet keeps me more attuned.

Much more often I eat nice balanced meals. Veggies, meat or fish, rice or potatoes, and some fruit. I also have nights where I'll eat two steaks or a plate full of chops or fish, or have a veggie and/or fruit night. My body has cravings once in a while and when I follow them it serves me well. A sweet tooth on the other hand is the type or craving I experience for things which don't make me feel particularly good, usually the opposite. It is subtle but easy to distinguish from what the body craves, if you're honest with yourself. There's the catch that can make it hard.

The trick is to honor the higher cravings, so when my spiritual guardian or dedicated fatherland security keepers see what I choose they can say, "You have chosen wisely grasshopper."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home