Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, May 18, 2007

Having Your Cake and Eating It
-or-
Eat Birdshot

It is so transparent and lame. Perhaps the only time Dick Cheney been transparent in his misbegotten life. His attorneys spout his "fanciful claims" defense which reek of talking point sound bytes rather than legal argument or logic, while at the same time trying to establish presidential immunity. Wow, can we count the holes? Who needs immunity from fanciful claims? Bringing up immunity at this juncture is an action demonstrating their complete lack of confidence in being able to deny wrong-doing or culpability. Extending immunity to this kind of behavior is the only "fanciful claim" I've heard so far.

"There's no crime or culpability here!" vs. "I have immunity!" Flip flopping in a big way, ain't it? Though in this case it has more of the appearance of a barracuda's desperate gasping on a fishing pier. I'm thinking it's time for Dick to polish up the old shooting iron for his new lawyer friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a good link regarding the testimony this week by James Comey. The article debunks a former Reagan official's attempt to defend the Bush administration (which is mildly surprising since most of the Reagan folks want nothing to do with Bushies).

http://balkin.blogspot.com/2007/05/is-this-best-administrations-surrogates.html

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home