Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, May 25, 2007

Evil, Live!

I heard John Boehner this morning as I was getting ready for work. I was listening with a casual ear and my comprehension was overwhelmed by his tone. I've gone on a few times about how I recognized the pre-war 'intelligence' as cooked and/or false. I was 100% right. Whether it was yellowcake, mobile labs, wmd's, Al Qaeda ties, or so on, my intuition was dead on. I'm not an expert, but I worked collecting, collating, and analyzing intel in real time. (Kids, that's what this childless daddy did during the war.) I couldn't quantify why I believed the intel was cooked. I was a pro, but not a guru, and there is the difference.

The tone of Boehner's voice, his use of pitch, intent, emotion, and rhythm. The hairs on my back rose. I can't quantify, though with a recording I could likely begin to. It's as though my exposure to art, and theatre in particular, opened up some sensory experience I'd not have had otherwise. I knew he was lying, and I knew he did so knowingly. He was working the crowd. Period. And, I recognized raw evil.

Boehner's biggest claim to fame before being the K Street branded and approved choice to take over DeLay's position was publicly handing out checks from lobbyists to their tame politicians on the House floor. Like the big lie, the Big Bribe is so blatant and obviously tainted that people accept it as good business.

After recognizing my instinctual and intuitive gut reaction to Boehner, I processed what he actually said. The choked up voice telling how he honored the 3000+ dead soldiers, by voting to keep the live ones there with no goal, exit strategy, or post-combat support. Did nothing to dispel the overwhelmingly evil ghoul impression his voice created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home