Staked Out
Good feelings and knocking on wood stand aside. I didn't hear back on Richard III. I'm disappointed. Of course there is the glimmer of hope which refuses to go away when you don't get a nice thanks, but no thanks from people you enjoyed working with. I'm surprised and disappointed I wasn't notified -- it is a matter of basic courtesy. I guess that is why I have the near neurotic glimmer of hope. I've always thought of these folks as a good bunch. No news is worse than bad news in this case. Well, the callback ran a lot later than advertised so maybe the decision is too. Therein lies my hope or delusion. Time will tell which.
I feel weird when I audition for companies I've supported with donations. I'm not an annual donor for most companies, as I only have 6 matches a year and like to support more than that. So, to remove that conflict from my mind I decide before an audition if it is a company I'll donate to that year. The only thing which would override a decision to support would be cavalier treatment, as how the cast and crew is treated is more important in my mind than how the donors are treated. One is a more realistic barometer of character.
My friend over at bdsworld posted a link to an essay by Naomi Wolf, Fascist America, in 10 easy steps. I'm pretty cynical politically, and this has me wondering if I've been to complacent and naive.
I went to the doctor, the ear, nose, throat guy. The Ent. I was hoping he'd move slow like Treebeard. No real resolution there either. Maybe acid reflux so he recommended trying an acid blocker in the evening. Even though I've not had that or even felt heartburn since I changed my eating habits last August, I'm hopeful. The woman drawing blood at the lab slipped and pushed the needle way too far. It hurt like the blazes. I've had painful sticks before but this one was more akin to stepping on a nail than any previous shots.
Terrific way to start the day. No news from the director. No news from the doctor. The sensory experience of having a stake driven into the inside of the elbow. Okay, so it would have to be a small stake. It still wasn't fun. Maybe I'll get even with a steak for dinner.
I feel weird when I audition for companies I've supported with donations. I'm not an annual donor for most companies, as I only have 6 matches a year and like to support more than that. So, to remove that conflict from my mind I decide before an audition if it is a company I'll donate to that year. The only thing which would override a decision to support would be cavalier treatment, as how the cast and crew is treated is more important in my mind than how the donors are treated. One is a more realistic barometer of character.
My friend over at bdsworld posted a link to an essay by Naomi Wolf, Fascist America, in 10 easy steps. I'm pretty cynical politically, and this has me wondering if I've been to complacent and naive.
I went to the doctor, the ear, nose, throat guy. The Ent. I was hoping he'd move slow like Treebeard. No real resolution there either. Maybe acid reflux so he recommended trying an acid blocker in the evening. Even though I've not had that or even felt heartburn since I changed my eating habits last August, I'm hopeful. The woman drawing blood at the lab slipped and pushed the needle way too far. It hurt like the blazes. I've had painful sticks before but this one was more akin to stepping on a nail than any previous shots.
Terrific way to start the day. No news from the director. No news from the doctor. The sensory experience of having a stake driven into the inside of the elbow. Okay, so it would have to be a small stake. It still wasn't fun. Maybe I'll get even with a steak for dinner.
1 Comments:
Sorry to read about the no call back.
Naomi Wolf is, in part, basing her essay on a study done by Dr Lawrence Pitt on the unifying aspects of a fascist state. In Dr Pitt's study, he identified 14 elements to fascism. His study is even less comforting than Wolf's essay.
http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/live/node/2226
Thanks for the linklove!
Post a Comment
<< Home