Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, April 23, 2007

Impatiently Waiting

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm getting more enthralled with the idea of our offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, London, Ireland... They are much smaller and on some have database programmers, and I've been trying on the idea.

I'm back to waiting to hear back on my callback. I'm feeling a little backed up. We're supposed to know today. I'd sure love the chance to do Shakespeare again this Summer. Last year it was part of the curriculum, and this year it's still a hope. I'm hopeful from the callback last Tuesday, though not sanguine.

I've had a sore throat for over a month. Not the raspy raw kind, but the achy, like a strained muscle feeling, though I think it is nothing of the sort. Not that I have any clue. I thought it was simply allergies, and I still haven't ruled it out. It got especially bad this weekend from Saturday to Sunday evening, when even breathing seemed to hurt a little.

I don't know which is making me more anxious. I'm not crawling out of my skin, but feel slightly on edge. Is it the wait to find out about casting? Worries that my chewing tobacco habit from '80-'99 could be coming back to haunt me? To be honest I think they are both silly things to worry about. I'll be cast or not. My throat will be something simple or not. I don't usually fret about things like that when I can reduce them to items which are out of my hands for the moment. Why now? Maybe with the upheavals in my life and their concomitant opportunities raising the stress in my life it takes much less to make me feel edgy at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home