Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Saturday, February 17, 2007

Want The Blue Pencil?

Yesterday I had two meals and a snack. Today two snacks and a meal. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about starvation. The first real meal I had during the week, my throat was kind of sore, like when we were in survival school and didn't eat for four or five days. In this case it was only a couple days, maybe two and a half so it wasn't nearly so pronounced. I'll be happy when this flu is history. It's now at the point where I'm adjusting to the persistent symptoms, and feeling like it is the way things will always be.

Tonight I started to watch Don't Run With Scissors, and one of the interactions sent me here to start writing. So much for going to bed early. I am thinking of a solo piece titled Nice Guys Finish Last, with several acts. All of a sudden I knew the working title for the first act, or at least what could be the opening. This is in a rough, rough state. The only editing I've done this far is to read it out loud once to fix things which are too clumsy to say out loud. Like any first draft parts will likely be tightened mercilessly, and others expanded slightly. If you've ideas on what you think needs either treatment that would be nice. Also, if you find the flow logical and engaging at all that will help me determine whether to develop it further and consign it to the tool box.
Prodigy Mom: Scene 1: First Draft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home