Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Monday, February 12, 2007

The Lure of Pure Cure For Sure

Okay, for an obligatory tongue in cheek political rant. Well, more of a demo of archetypical neo-con thinking. How many scandals are there involving the Catholic and fundamentalist clergies, the very same people holding the torch to light the path for family and traditional values? That in itself is psychotically dysfunctional.

Now, poor Ted Haggard has taken the cure. He's no longer queer. Yes, he's found the way. He locked himself away in private isolation with four fundamentalist preachers. It makes me think the poor fellow is still delusional. Somehow I doubt being powerless and at the mercy of four male ministers privately administering the Holy Paddle, or rather Intensive Counseling, magically 'cured' him. Sounds more like an acute religious fantasy. Just because he is an adult does not mean his honor is immune to the typical proclivities of this brand of power mad proselytizers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better yet: raise money and support a good cause while having a laugh at Ted's expense:

http://www.betonted.com/

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home