Google Coercion
I was just forced to change my login to a google account. I gave them one of my hotmail accounts for this blackmail, which I reserve for folks I strongly suspect of privacy invasion or susceptibility to fraud. Kind of redundant in one direction, a rabid thirst to invade your customer's privacy results in a collection of data easily used for fraud. Do I trust Google? Not one damn bit. They've fully moved from providing a service for customers to using customers as a resource to exploit. I strongly suspect they'll do whatever they can to people within the letter of the law, but not the spirit.
Google made a token weak resistance to fatherland security regarding privacy, but that was simply deceptive packaging. "See, we at google really respect your privacy!", they say. "Bullshit!", I say. Again my measure of all crooks and saints condemns them. While talk is great for putting forth ideas, it is actions, not words which ultimately define you. Obviously, this rules me out as ever becoming a conservative :).
One of google's mainstays is the "customized" advertising they get mindless sheep to buy into. In this case "customized advertising" is synonymous with "privacy invading advertising." Don't bother trying to change my mind. Any argument I've ever heard in favor of this invasive advertising is based on the naive belief that handing over your personal and private information to an advertising broker is not really a loss of privacy, but a convenience. Curious that since google took over blogger, support has gotten steadily worse to the point of virtual non-existence. My theory that they have moved nearly completely out of the customer service space to pursue being a full time advertisement broker is given more weight. I don't expect something for nothing, but sometimes I wonder if the struggle for the slightest bit of privacy matters. Nobody else seems to give a flying fuck.
Okay, so we're sheep. Our medical community and regulatory bodies are another typically distressing example. They are primarily run by the pharmaceutical companies, with the second in command being the high tech medical supply companies. As a result we have the most expensive medical care in the world, and I'm not even sure we're still in the top 50% for quality or availability. It amazes me we continue to allow these companies to make up diseases by describing vague, generally non-threatening symptoms for which you desperately need a life long maintenance dosage or unreliable high priced diagnoses executed by poorly maintained but really expensive machines. And the adds say you need only ask your physician to score your drug or high tech Ouija board prognosis. Now the very same business practiced without billion dollar lobbies end up persecuted by the DEA, who are doing nothing more than protecting the immoral monopolies enjoyed by 'legal' drugs like alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. It is even illegal to produce these items by yourself in any quantity and in most cases at all, even though most of these are tainted with preservatives and extenders of established toxicity. Of course there is not much we can do at this point, except mock the whole corrupt world of managed addictions for fun and profit.
Here's a little mockery. I don't watch much tv, except as my alarm clock, or to catch the evening weather report if I'm up late enough. Still I feel inundated with levitra type ads. I pick on levitra because of their ridiculous quote. "Levitra is only for men healthy enough for sexual activity." I laughed so hard it turned into a coughing fit the first time I heard this. Basically you can't take levitra, because if you need it you're simply not healthy enough to take it.
Maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I could be. I've never been in a relationship where my drive was the limiting factor and didn't have to give myself a regular helping hand, and it doesn't seem to have changed much. Admittedly duration was never my forte, the first couple rounds which I considered to be foreplay anyway. Now, if they had a pill to help save up all that wasted energy and fun until you really wanted it... Of course, that wouldn't help levitra patients. Here's a story with the above quote in it about a fellow who wasn't healthy enough for the needed the drug. I'm not linking it, so you'll be a little careful with it. Speaking of predatory invasion of privacy for ads, this link gave me nine or ten different cookie domain warnings (all of which I denied unconditionally). God knows how many total attempts to create cookies there were, or how many of those were in support of spyware. http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou050421_jt_upclose.1fe6eb9f0.html
At least the new spell checker has bigger vocabulary, though it insists google and gmail should be capitalized and doesn't recognize hotmail. I find it ironic that in my opinion google has gone the american way and taken capitalism an order of magnitude beyond the dysfunctional level, yet they want more capitalization from little old me.
Google made a token weak resistance to fatherland security regarding privacy, but that was simply deceptive packaging. "See, we at google really respect your privacy!", they say. "Bullshit!", I say. Again my measure of all crooks and saints condemns them. While talk is great for putting forth ideas, it is actions, not words which ultimately define you. Obviously, this rules me out as ever becoming a conservative :).
One of google's mainstays is the "customized" advertising they get mindless sheep to buy into. In this case "customized advertising" is synonymous with "privacy invading advertising." Don't bother trying to change my mind. Any argument I've ever heard in favor of this invasive advertising is based on the naive belief that handing over your personal and private information to an advertising broker is not really a loss of privacy, but a convenience. Curious that since google took over blogger, support has gotten steadily worse to the point of virtual non-existence. My theory that they have moved nearly completely out of the customer service space to pursue being a full time advertisement broker is given more weight. I don't expect something for nothing, but sometimes I wonder if the struggle for the slightest bit of privacy matters. Nobody else seems to give a flying fuck.
Okay, so we're sheep. Our medical community and regulatory bodies are another typically distressing example. They are primarily run by the pharmaceutical companies, with the second in command being the high tech medical supply companies. As a result we have the most expensive medical care in the world, and I'm not even sure we're still in the top 50% for quality or availability. It amazes me we continue to allow these companies to make up diseases by describing vague, generally non-threatening symptoms for which you desperately need a life long maintenance dosage or unreliable high priced diagnoses executed by poorly maintained but really expensive machines. And the adds say you need only ask your physician to score your drug or high tech Ouija board prognosis. Now the very same business practiced without billion dollar lobbies end up persecuted by the DEA, who are doing nothing more than protecting the immoral monopolies enjoyed by 'legal' drugs like alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. It is even illegal to produce these items by yourself in any quantity and in most cases at all, even though most of these are tainted with preservatives and extenders of established toxicity. Of course there is not much we can do at this point, except mock the whole corrupt world of managed addictions for fun and profit.
Here's a little mockery. I don't watch much tv, except as my alarm clock, or to catch the evening weather report if I'm up late enough. Still I feel inundated with levitra type ads. I pick on levitra because of their ridiculous quote. "Levitra is only for men healthy enough for sexual activity." I laughed so hard it turned into a coughing fit the first time I heard this. Basically you can't take levitra, because if you need it you're simply not healthy enough to take it.
Maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I could be. I've never been in a relationship where my drive was the limiting factor and didn't have to give myself a regular helping hand, and it doesn't seem to have changed much. Admittedly duration was never my forte, the first couple rounds which I considered to be foreplay anyway. Now, if they had a pill to help save up all that wasted energy and fun until you really wanted it... Of course, that wouldn't help levitra patients. Here's a story with the above quote in it about a fellow who wasn't healthy enough for the needed the drug. I'm not linking it, so you'll be a little careful with it. Speaking of predatory invasion of privacy for ads, this link gave me nine or ten different cookie domain warnings (all of which I denied unconditionally). God knows how many total attempts to create cookies there were, or how many of those were in support of spyware. http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou050421_jt_upclose.1fe6eb9f0.html
At least the new spell checker has bigger vocabulary, though it insists google and gmail should be capitalized and doesn't recognize hotmail. I find it ironic that in my opinion google has gone the american way and taken capitalism an order of magnitude beyond the dysfunctional level, yet they want more capitalization from little old me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home