A Good Break
Well, poodles. It seems I'm in the throws of the flu. The chills I've had since at least Sunday are starting to subside. The gut still hurts, but I was able to sleep in 3 hour chunks last night. The kidneys and back don't hurt nearly as much. Headache and nasty chest cough have made themselves known today.
I'm actually thinking of having a meal. A couple small bowls of rice and an apple don't take you very far for two days. Hope my belly doesn't mind.
Gripe, whine, whimper. Two years ago if you read that far back (2/19/2005) is when I did the nasty job of breaking my leg. Compared to that this is nothing, which is a comforting thought. Not nearly the misery or duration, and I do feel better as long as I don't remember the comparison in too much detail. I'll write more when I can sit up without spinning. I just have to say one thing before I flake back out. George Bush sucks. He's a war criminal on an industrial scale, and should be sitting in Nuremberg reading what Himmler scratched on the wall. Lancing a boil sometimes does feel good.
I'm actually thinking of having a meal. A couple small bowls of rice and an apple don't take you very far for two days. Hope my belly doesn't mind.
Gripe, whine, whimper. Two years ago if you read that far back (2/19/2005) is when I did the nasty job of breaking my leg. Compared to that this is nothing, which is a comforting thought. Not nearly the misery or duration, and I do feel better as long as I don't remember the comparison in too much detail. I'll write more when I can sit up without spinning. I just have to say one thing before I flake back out. George Bush sucks. He's a war criminal on an industrial scale, and should be sitting in Nuremberg reading what Himmler scratched on the wall. Lancing a boil sometimes does feel good.
2 Comments:
Feel well, soon, my friend. Is this your first or second bout with it this year? Consensus seems to be that you think you're done with the first round and then it comes back for a second time.
Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news.
First bout, and I've not heard the bad news. I had a flu shot around the holidays so maybe that will cover the second round. I can always hope. The shot wasn't bad, but the damned bandage adhesive was a trip, or rather a rip. It made the skin soft, and when I yanked off the bandage a big chunk of skin went with it. Same thing happened last time, and I'd forgotten. I'll have to ask the pharmacy what brand they use, as I'd guess there is something in the adhesive I'm allergic to. So, I if there's any innoculation karma, I figure I've got double points at the moment.
Post a Comment
<< Home