Real Life
Okay, wow. Opening night went better than I expected. I've got a nasty cold, and think I sound like a frog. A big, lovely surprise though. My sister-in-law, nieces, nephew, and their friends came to the show. A group of eight, and I'd no idea they were coming. They seemed really excited after the show, and you can't ask more than that.
I'm tired, our show about an opening night party just opened, and we hung out at T.S. McHugh's for a bit of an opening night party. Not as funny or as dysfunctional. A wonderful time as far as I'm concerned.
I got to meet several significant others, including one who was an MLB pitcher, five years for the Mariners. I've had several people ask me my favorite aviation movie as I'm a former military flyer, so I asked him his favorite baseball movie. He had to think. Not the The Natural as it was to unrealistic. Probably Bull Durham, for it's portrayal of the minor leagues. Of course, professional athletes get distracted by the mechanics of actors -- that's not the way they really do it syndrome. It sounds like it is worse for them than it is for us watching military flyers in the movies, even though the inaccuracies sound a lot less egregious. Perhaps that is my perception getting in the way.
So, I had fun meeting other people's friends and significant others. Now if I can just get rid of this sore throat and cold so I sound less like a frog.
I'm tired, our show about an opening night party just opened, and we hung out at T.S. McHugh's for a bit of an opening night party. Not as funny or as dysfunctional. A wonderful time as far as I'm concerned.
I got to meet several significant others, including one who was an MLB pitcher, five years for the Mariners. I've had several people ask me my favorite aviation movie as I'm a former military flyer, so I asked him his favorite baseball movie. He had to think. Not the The Natural as it was to unrealistic. Probably Bull Durham, for it's portrayal of the minor leagues. Of course, professional athletes get distracted by the mechanics of actors -- that's not the way they really do it syndrome. It sounds like it is worse for them than it is for us watching military flyers in the movies, even though the inaccuracies sound a lot less egregious. Perhaps that is my perception getting in the way.
So, I had fun meeting other people's friends and significant others. Now if I can just get rid of this sore throat and cold so I sound less like a frog.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home