My Low...
Where'd it go? I started a post yesterday, and thought I saved a draft. Must have been my imagination, the saving part.
I've two auditions next Sunday (Freehold Studio Series and Driftwood) and one Monday (Greenstage). Getting back into it, and figuring for 10-20 auditions per part I've a ways to go. Especially if I have to make up for only doing 2 auditions last time. Then if it is closer to twenty, well I've another 40 auditions to go and that's assuming my 10-20 window is not too optimistic. Some people say you can make numbers to say anything, for me, it's anything pessimistic. I'm not completely dour, heck I'm even fantasizing how I'll handle things if I have multiple offers. Of course, I'm more likely to wake up to next a 40 year old Raquel Welch or Audrey Hepburn tomorrow. Without dreams the world would be a dull place.
Generally I manage to have fun at auditions, even if it involves some self-deception. They're still stressful, and I still really feel like I suck at each one, though there is sometimes a feeling of "That's not as bad as it used to be." I wonder how I'll feel at the end of next week. Couldn't have done worse? Could have done better? Pretty okay...
I just had some left over soup. It's as good as I remembered when I wrote about it Saturday. It was cold and icy out this morning, and I'm one of the few who came to the office. While IM'ing with a co-worker he asked if I was working from home and I responded,
It's strangely lonely at the office, with so many people stranded at home. I'm going home now for the aforementioned sybaritic pleasures and maybe pork chops. I'm not feeling very hungry yet, so maybe I'll skip dinner. At least I had breakfast today. That sounds good... Pork chops for breakfast tomorrow. I love this diet. I'm still slowly losing weight, and unlike Kipley who feels flabby for peaking at 218, I'm just now getting to where the scale says 218 or even 216 for the morning low. Getting rid of dairy, wheat, eggs, and most processed white sugar in your diet pretty much eliminates junk food. A few Frito's, though that doesn't always work out. I got a pack earlier today, but they weren't the plain ones and had dairy and wheat in the flavoring. I suppose I could have dealt with them, but I considered the albeit minor discomfort, and they didn't seem rewarding enough. They're waiting in the kitchenette for another home.
I don't figure any of the things that I've taken out of my diet will cause me major trauma if I eat a touch or even binge here and there, it's just the ongoing discomfort and such that eventually got to feeling traumatic. I haven't gotten to where I feel I've earned a real binge, I'll have to drop below 200 pounds for that. I fantasize about an ultimate burger, preferably one of the spicy specials, and a big blizzard at Dairy Queen. And now that I'm likely only two or three months from hitting the goal for a binge, it doesn't sound all that appealing anymore. The blizzard seems too cloyingly sweet, and the plasticized effluvia fast food restaurants market as cheese makes me feel even more nauseous than it used to. (I actually stopped ordering cheeseburgers about a year ago.) Has the thinner me been struggling to get out of me like some beneficial Alien for all these years?
I've two auditions next Sunday (Freehold Studio Series and Driftwood) and one Monday (Greenstage). Getting back into it, and figuring for 10-20 auditions per part I've a ways to go. Especially if I have to make up for only doing 2 auditions last time. Then if it is closer to twenty, well I've another 40 auditions to go and that's assuming my 10-20 window is not too optimistic. Some people say you can make numbers to say anything, for me, it's anything pessimistic. I'm not completely dour, heck I'm even fantasizing how I'll handle things if I have multiple offers. Of course, I'm more likely to wake up to next a 40 year old Raquel Welch or Audrey Hepburn tomorrow. Without dreams the world would be a dull place.
Generally I manage to have fun at auditions, even if it involves some self-deception. They're still stressful, and I still really feel like I suck at each one, though there is sometimes a feeling of "That's not as bad as it used to be." I wonder how I'll feel at the end of next week. Couldn't have done worse? Could have done better? Pretty okay...
I just had some left over soup. It's as good as I remembered when I wrote about it Saturday. It was cold and icy out this morning, and I'm one of the few who came to the office. While IM'ing with a co-worker he asked if I was working from home and I responded,
Nope. Drove in around 11am. I have 4wd on an old truck that has peeling paint and lots of small dents. It's a champ in the ice and snow, plus no worries about damaging it as not much could make it look worse.He quite enjoyed my quip. I saw one car slipping trying to go up a road I didn't even know was inclined. Not a lot of snow, but it was falling at the same time as the temperature last night, and a good part of the area is sheathed in 1-2" of very solid ice. I'm wearing a snow fleece in the office, and thinking maybe this is the time to use the last of the bath salts my friend made for me.
It's strangely lonely at the office, with so many people stranded at home. I'm going home now for the aforementioned sybaritic pleasures and maybe pork chops. I'm not feeling very hungry yet, so maybe I'll skip dinner. At least I had breakfast today. That sounds good... Pork chops for breakfast tomorrow. I love this diet. I'm still slowly losing weight, and unlike Kipley who feels flabby for peaking at 218, I'm just now getting to where the scale says 218 or even 216 for the morning low. Getting rid of dairy, wheat, eggs, and most processed white sugar in your diet pretty much eliminates junk food. A few Frito's, though that doesn't always work out. I got a pack earlier today, but they weren't the plain ones and had dairy and wheat in the flavoring. I suppose I could have dealt with them, but I considered the albeit minor discomfort, and they didn't seem rewarding enough. They're waiting in the kitchenette for another home.
I don't figure any of the things that I've taken out of my diet will cause me major trauma if I eat a touch or even binge here and there, it's just the ongoing discomfort and such that eventually got to feeling traumatic. I haven't gotten to where I feel I've earned a real binge, I'll have to drop below 200 pounds for that. I fantasize about an ultimate burger, preferably one of the spicy specials, and a big blizzard at Dairy Queen. And now that I'm likely only two or three months from hitting the goal for a binge, it doesn't sound all that appealing anymore. The blizzard seems too cloyingly sweet, and the plasticized effluvia fast food restaurants market as cheese makes me feel even more nauseous than it used to. (I actually stopped ordering cheeseburgers about a year ago.) Has the thinner me been struggling to get out of me like some beneficial Alien for all these years?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home