Chopping
Today was fun. It was a run through rehearsal, with stops. Pretty much everybody is at the same point with the script, which is sweet. The challenge is the chaotic parts, as all of us are a little challenged in the same spots. There's two or three of them, and they feel like they will be fun as Hell.
Yesterday felt like Scott's acting class. Not that I minded, or had trouble taking direction. Was I given lots of direction because I take it well or because I damn well needed it? Both probably. What I enjoy is seeing how quickly last year's training helps get me to new places. What irks me is that I'm not already in those places. Raw honesty? The bad is I know I can do better, and having a full time job (and two back to back colds) makes it a challenge. Not anything the rest of the cast doesn't have to deal with. I'll wallow in my own suckiness, thank you very much. The good is feeling my chops. There's stuff there that comes out which wasn't at my beck and call a year ago. I could have developed it, but it would have taken a long time. Longer than a standard rehearsal cycle. The protective cocoon of the ensemble is gone, but so is the bar we raised for each other. In a way I feel like I'm still in shock from ETI.
Time to get some sleep, so I can do better work tomorrow. G'night friends.
I miss my ETI classmates. This is the first time it has really hit me. Damnit. I hope I see some of them in the next few weeks.
Yesterday felt like Scott's acting class. Not that I minded, or had trouble taking direction. Was I given lots of direction because I take it well or because I damn well needed it? Both probably. What I enjoy is seeing how quickly last year's training helps get me to new places. What irks me is that I'm not already in those places. Raw honesty? The bad is I know I can do better, and having a full time job (and two back to back colds) makes it a challenge. Not anything the rest of the cast doesn't have to deal with. I'll wallow in my own suckiness, thank you very much. The good is feeling my chops. There's stuff there that comes out which wasn't at my beck and call a year ago. I could have developed it, but it would have taken a long time. Longer than a standard rehearsal cycle. The protective cocoon of the ensemble is gone, but so is the bar we raised for each other. In a way I feel like I'm still in shock from ETI.
Time to get some sleep, so I can do better work tomorrow. G'night friends.
I miss my ETI classmates. This is the first time it has really hit me. Damnit. I hope I see some of them in the next few weeks.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home