And...
Well, I won't have to take the unarmed combat certification test again, as I passed that one last Saturday. I had what felt like the weirdest case of nerves. It wasn't, it was a nasty cold landing. The shallow breathing from the bruised rib and the loss of sleep for the same reason weakened me enough that I got sick. I still feel that with the rib pain and bug I should have passed had I practiced enough. After all, you can't depend on feeling 100% for every performance. I only slept a couple hours that night. The ribs still hurt, my sinuses were plaguing me, and I kept replaying this exchange.
Ajudicator: "How long have you been acting?"
Scott: "About five years."
Ajudicator: "Well, you're coming right along."
I don't know if it was simply friendly chatter, or a really nasty passive-aggressive dig my maternal family would be proud of. It only bothered me that one night. I guess that's not true, or I'd not be mentioning it. It only bothered me a LOT that one night. I've a scene in the show I'm rehearsing where I'm talking about a horribly screwed up audition with a snide auditor, and this interchange will certainly help me work on that scene. I wasn't happy with my performance, and the person in power made me feel a hundred times smaller than I already felt. Perfect for the scene.
The cold has hung on, and I missed work yesterday, and only worked a few hours today. Tomorrow is release night, so when I get tired of working on lines I may be blogging a bit in the wee hours, to get caught up.
Ajudicator: "How long have you been acting?"
Scott: "About five years."
Ajudicator: "Well, you're coming right along."
I don't know if it was simply friendly chatter, or a really nasty passive-aggressive dig my maternal family would be proud of. It only bothered me that one night. I guess that's not true, or I'd not be mentioning it. It only bothered me a LOT that one night. I've a scene in the show I'm rehearsing where I'm talking about a horribly screwed up audition with a snide auditor, and this interchange will certainly help me work on that scene. I wasn't happy with my performance, and the person in power made me feel a hundred times smaller than I already felt. Perfect for the scene.
The cold has hung on, and I missed work yesterday, and only worked a few hours today. Tomorrow is release night, so when I get tired of working on lines I may be blogging a bit in the wee hours, to get caught up.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home