Losing
Wow. 228. I've a weird scale. I'd like to find one that is not a piece of crap. This one is fine, for averages. Just like it's analog predecessor. This one prefers even numbers, though the occasional odd one shows up. The last week it was reading 230 or 232. Before my vacation it was reading between 230 and 234. Not only day to day, but hour to hour. I make a habit of getting on the thing several times as I get ready for work in the morning to get a feel for the average. So I figure over the last several weeks I went from roughly 232 to 231. Am I creeping towards 230? It's been over ten years since dropped below 235. When I broke my leg I did for a week or two but that was induced by the trauma.
When I started this elimination diet I was surprised how quickly I dropped to and through the 240's. The thirties have been much slower. A healthy pace I suppose. It's the American predilection for instant gratification I suppose. I like the feeling of being lighter, and have to remind myself I don't want to lose too much muscle mass as I slim down.
Things I've noticed. I'm not the great bug attractor. I used to be better than a dozen tiki torches. The gnats, mosquitos, and yellow jackets were the iron filings to my magnet. Now they seem to have lost most of their taste for me. Stage combat is easier, especially things like the shoulder rolls. I was actually pretty good at them anyway, but there is more ease and lowered apprehension now. My knees hold up better, though I'm going to start wearing the neoprene brace for combat again. They still like a little care once in a while. Now here's a weird thing. I run hotter. I expected with the loss of insulating body fat I'd feel cooler. Not so. I must be metabolizing better?
It is a spectacular day out, and I'm going to go walking for two or three hours, and learn more lines. I've got the first chunk down fairly well, and I'd like to get the next one down. Then picking and reading the book for the kids tomorrow, and off to UW to meet up with some ETI classmates and Geof, our revered combat instructor. The certification test is next Saturday, and yesterday Trina figured out we should be able to get together during lunch hour all week. We wanted more times to practice, but it really feels like things are coming together nicely. We'll have more definitive feedback on that tonight and next Saturday...
When I started this elimination diet I was surprised how quickly I dropped to and through the 240's. The thirties have been much slower. A healthy pace I suppose. It's the American predilection for instant gratification I suppose. I like the feeling of being lighter, and have to remind myself I don't want to lose too much muscle mass as I slim down.
Things I've noticed. I'm not the great bug attractor. I used to be better than a dozen tiki torches. The gnats, mosquitos, and yellow jackets were the iron filings to my magnet. Now they seem to have lost most of their taste for me. Stage combat is easier, especially things like the shoulder rolls. I was actually pretty good at them anyway, but there is more ease and lowered apprehension now. My knees hold up better, though I'm going to start wearing the neoprene brace for combat again. They still like a little care once in a while. Now here's a weird thing. I run hotter. I expected with the loss of insulating body fat I'd feel cooler. Not so. I must be metabolizing better?
It is a spectacular day out, and I'm going to go walking for two or three hours, and learn more lines. I've got the first chunk down fairly well, and I'd like to get the next one down. Then picking and reading the book for the kids tomorrow, and off to UW to meet up with some ETI classmates and Geof, our revered combat instructor. The certification test is next Saturday, and yesterday Trina figured out we should be able to get together during lunch hour all week. We wanted more times to practice, but it really feels like things are coming together nicely. We'll have more definitive feedback on that tonight and next Saturday...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home