Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

My Photo
Name:
Location: Redmond, Washington, U.S. Inc. (Formerly U.S.A.)

Allie's Journey

For the next several months this will be dedicated to information pertinent to Allene M. Maddock. Her care has been assumed by Hospice as of 06Apr12.

Please feel free to call or write her. If you call be patient and take time to explain who you are. Currently she remembers, but you have to help her focus so she truly knows who she is talking to at the moment. We have to do this too, and I frequently say something like, "Yes this is Scott, your oldest."

Her phone is area code two-zero-six, and the number is 216 3816.

Her Address:
Allie Maddock
c/o Queen Ann Manor
100 Crockett Street
Seattle, Washington
    98109

Monday, August 28, 2006

Got It

I was tagged by Ric Knight (see left margin), so I used his citing format.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions

Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest, then tag three people.

Consider yourself tagged, if you want to.
==================================================

Stoppard, Tom. 1993. The Real Inspector Hound and Other Plays. Grove Press. ISBN 0802135617.
BERNARD: I imagine that good farming land would be premium in North London. Is he prosperous?
ARTHUR: He has an income of £10.50 per week.
BERNARD: Hardly a pillar of the community, even with free milk and eggs.
==================================================
It took a while to find the pound symbol, and I hope it displays correctly in most places.

I ordered several scripts, and the one above happened to be on my desk, by my right elbow when I read Ric's blog, as I have deliveries sent to my work address. That avoids having to find time during the day to go pick things up.

It took me a few days to get it on my site, as I was tagged with a bug (cold or mild flu) first. I'm feeling mostly recovered, though my appetite is still off. Even without a bit of intestinal discomfort I lost ten pounds since Thursday. I know most of it will come back when I eat enough food to keep my system churning, but it is a cheap thrill just the same. My changed diet over the last four weeks or so has helped me to drop fifteen pounds. It does feel good to say I've lost twenty-five pounds, so I hope this fast driven loss the last few days is a preview of things to come, or rather go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home