Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Spud Dud

I didn't expect much when I watched the Dukes of Hazzard, but even with all the redneck appeal it was still fun, and made fun of the stereotype. There were a couple political lines that were hysterical in my mind. The one I remember is:
Cooter: [talking about the General Lee] I'm fixin' to fix it.
Rosco P. Coltrane: You're fixin' to fix it? Boy, you couldn't fix an election if your brother was the governor.

I made a dandy stew using my own tomato sauce, sauteed chicken, carrots, and onions. With some nice seasonings. And I added potatoes, time to try out one of my favorite foods. It was done cooking this morning, so I had some for breakfast. It really hit the spot. For five or ten minutes. Then very suddenly I was dashing for the porcelain receptacle, just making it in time. A few minutes later I was right as rain, except hungry.

Potatoes? Shit and damnation! I love potatoes. I hope it was something else, but I doubt it. If something had gone bad (highly unlikely) it wouldn't have hit so fast or settled down so fast. I'll be trying potatoes again, but not for several days. In the meantime what the Hell do I do with this stew? Put it in the freezer and take it for a family gathering I suppose. I'd rather be dining on it this week. Just getting over the bug, and was a day late getting my meals ready for the week, and now I have to come up with something else. I suppose that is not a bad thing to give up given my build, but Hell.

Got to leave in a few minutes for my audition. Not feeling especially perky today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home