Acting Up

My musings, thoughts, rants, and discoveries. - Scott Maddock

Back to Blogging


I haven't blogged here since 2012. Why am I making a stab at it again?

I realized two things about social media I wanted to get away from. First was that I was often using it as a journal, which is boring and maybe TMI for those platforms. Secondly I was using it too much for my taste, so that I felt like a tool for marketers rather than using social media as a tool for my ends.




Friday, August 11, 2006

The Clouds Are Already Here

American oil companies had no presence in Iraq before the war. The last two quarters Exxon has had the largest profits of any corporation in the history of the world. They just happen to be at the top of the dominate oil companies in Iraq, with almost all of the other dominate companies being American. All the old contracts were cancelled by the first oil minister we appointed after dismantling the country, and new ones granted to Exxon, Shell, BP, etc. The profiteers Halliburton and Bechtel are seeing expansion and riches never before seen in their history.

More and more it is being pounded into our thick heads that this war is all about oil. Not about imaginary wmd's. Not about imaginary Al Qaeda ties. It does show us the neocons actually do have good imaginations when they want. Sadly people realize conservatives generally have very little imagination, and still assume these imaginings to be true.

The first war with Iraq, wasn't about oil. And for those who still think so in their knee jerk fashion, let's say it was not about American oil companies. Otherwise, they would have had a presence there at the end of Desert Storm. This time around is different. We're not even done with the war, yet oil is now flowing out of Iraq faster than before the war, and it is now flowing into the bloody hands of our oil companies.

A billion and a half dollars a week. Did I hear right? We're pouring a billion and a half a week into Iraq, letting the right wingers kill all sorts of non-white heathens and giving them further paroxysms of orgiastic delight with their feigned remorse over the death of our military members, who as they are low income people are viewed by neocons as being no more human than they view the people of Iraq. That is why I will never be able to compromise with the animals in this country who currently call themselves conservatives. Actions speak louder than words, and everything from embracing torture to cutting funds to support returning combat veterans show they view the people who are dying on both sides of the conflict as not being human. They can tell all the lies and make all the protestations they want. Look to their actions.

While their sex lives are propped up with their faux bravery, the actual sight of a flag hiding a coffin from view which is in turn hiding American corpses from view causes them to become flaccid and decry this disrespect to our service men and women whom they want to ignore. Except when they argue we have to sacrifice more of them to Exxon and Bechtel to justify those we have already sacrificed for their bottom line. If they are unwilling to allow us to even see the human cost to America, how can they possibly be expected to even acknowledge the cost to Iraq.

America is the aggressor. We are in the wrong. Yes, we need to attack terrorism, both the terrorists and their roots, and those that we planted will take the most courage to address. Make no mistake, truly fighting terrorism will take courage and sacrifice, not the shallow platitudes of the war criminals in DC. As country we haven't the little bit of courage needed to admit our own mistakes. Until we get our balls reattached we will continue to make our nest fouler and more dangerous. We're not the only ones in search of balls. Here's a recent phone conversation in the Blair Bush Project. It is of course fanciful, but there is likely some truth just the same.

Blair: Dubya, this is Tony. I have to arrest those people I told you about.
Bush: The democrats?
Blair: No, those are the ones you want to arrest.
Bush: [Slightly nasal, as finger is deeply probing left nostril.] What?
Blair: There is a domestic terrorist cell here in Britain, and we can't put off arresting them any longer. You'll have to use something else for the elections.
Bush: [Studying the large crusty greenish prize on the end of his finger.] Huh?
Blair: Listen George, can you put the boss on the line?
Bush: [Wipes his prize on JFK's portrait.]He's on the other phone with Joe, I can handle it.
Blair: Okay, we're going to arrest the terrorists.
Bush: Is that better than letting them finish up, and following the trail back to their sponsors?
Blair: We don't do things that way here.
Bush: Who's your Daddy?
Blair: Be serious George.
Bush: I am biotch. Who's your Daddy?
Blair: [Groaning.] You are.
Bush: Don't you ever contradite me again.
Blair: I think you mean contradict.
Bush: Now, what'd I just tell you? Ain't you lis'nin?
Blair: Yes, sir.
Bush: Yes...?
Blair: Yes. Daddy.
Bush: That's a good boy. Now, come sit on Daddy's lap and beg for a treat.
[Aside]They're so damn cute when they wag their little tales like that.
CLICK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home