On The Road, Not Again
In a couple hours I leave for the very last official activity associated with ETI. We'll be hosting a workshop at the Washington Corrections Center for Women in Purdy. It will be a drama and writing workshop like we did for Tent City 3 on Sunday. I think only a few of us are going, people were tiring.
Joy from my Meisner class is going, in fact driving her vehicle which I'll ride in. That should be fun, as the one other ETI'er I know is going is David, who was another fellow Meisnerite.
I'm bringing along a package of those rice cracker or biscuit things. Oh joy. Dullness in cellophane. I shouldn't have been surprised to see I'd dropped some weight this morning. The lamb and rice diet if nothing else must be reducing and improving my food intake. Particularly the crappy stuff we snack on. I like lamb, but I find especially when a reheat it a slightly unpleasant tallow smell. Kind of like simmering pork, even from wild pigs, smells of the sty. (A nice way of saying it smells of pigshit.) In both cases it is subtle, but unmistakable. In both cases the meat tastes fine, but in the preparation can suppress appetite slightly.
Of course, with the limited diet tastes and smells are sensed more acutely. And roaring good meals of lamb and rice over and over gets one to the point of eating almost solely for sustenance. Eat slow, lose interest once the hunger pangs start to subside. I'm getting hungry now, and will soon be heating my lunch. A nice lamb and rice entree I made last night. Pretty boring, but simple.
I boiled just a little water, then dropped a bunch of chopped lamb from a roast I cooked the other day. Added some salt, pepper, and rosemary, then simmered a bit in the microwave. Then I dumped leftover rice over the top and nuked it some more. The idea, being to steam the rice a bit. Worked well, as the rice pretty much broke up and made stirring and adding a bit more water easier for a couple more iterations in the microwave. Not bad, quick, and now I'll see if it still tasty. Tasty being a relative term. I'm looking forward to a couple weeks hence when I've been on the diet faithfully for two weeks, and can start adding other things.
As I think about what I want to add to my diet first, I'm surprised that veggies top the list. Potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots. Then some fruits and nuts. Fish and some more meats, then lots more veggies for cooking and salads. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a health food nut. Maybe not such a bad thing if I stay with it.
One thing I've noticed. I've increased my vices slightly. I'm drinking more caffeine, an extra drink or, er, smoke in the evening. Yet I'm still feeling better all around. I think I'll knock out most of my vices for a while and see what happens. Now here is another interesting thing. My spine is aware of when I indulge in my vices. It is tighter, and takes more work to warm and loosen it up. More and more I'm finding more personal anecdotal evidence how everything is connected. Diet, exercise, art, vices, spiritual/emotional events, etc.
Joy from my Meisner class is going, in fact driving her vehicle which I'll ride in. That should be fun, as the one other ETI'er I know is going is David, who was another fellow Meisnerite.
I'm bringing along a package of those rice cracker or biscuit things. Oh joy. Dullness in cellophane. I shouldn't have been surprised to see I'd dropped some weight this morning. The lamb and rice diet if nothing else must be reducing and improving my food intake. Particularly the crappy stuff we snack on. I like lamb, but I find especially when a reheat it a slightly unpleasant tallow smell. Kind of like simmering pork, even from wild pigs, smells of the sty. (A nice way of saying it smells of pigshit.) In both cases it is subtle, but unmistakable. In both cases the meat tastes fine, but in the preparation can suppress appetite slightly.
Of course, with the limited diet tastes and smells are sensed more acutely. And roaring good meals of lamb and rice over and over gets one to the point of eating almost solely for sustenance. Eat slow, lose interest once the hunger pangs start to subside. I'm getting hungry now, and will soon be heating my lunch. A nice lamb and rice entree I made last night. Pretty boring, but simple.
I boiled just a little water, then dropped a bunch of chopped lamb from a roast I cooked the other day. Added some salt, pepper, and rosemary, then simmered a bit in the microwave. Then I dumped leftover rice over the top and nuked it some more. The idea, being to steam the rice a bit. Worked well, as the rice pretty much broke up and made stirring and adding a bit more water easier for a couple more iterations in the microwave. Not bad, quick, and now I'll see if it still tasty. Tasty being a relative term. I'm looking forward to a couple weeks hence when I've been on the diet faithfully for two weeks, and can start adding other things.
As I think about what I want to add to my diet first, I'm surprised that veggies top the list. Potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots. Then some fruits and nuts. Fish and some more meats, then lots more veggies for cooking and salads. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a health food nut. Maybe not such a bad thing if I stay with it.
One thing I've noticed. I've increased my vices slightly. I'm drinking more caffeine, an extra drink or, er, smoke in the evening. Yet I'm still feeling better all around. I think I'll knock out most of my vices for a while and see what happens. Now here is another interesting thing. My spine is aware of when I indulge in my vices. It is tighter, and takes more work to warm and loosen it up. More and more I'm finding more personal anecdotal evidence how everything is connected. Diet, exercise, art, vices, spiritual/emotional events, etc.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home