Seduced Again
I was going to give myself a break. I've talked about it here, and yet I just signed up for an audition next Saturday. I was asked to audition for a independent film, through my Theatre Puget Sound (see my favorite links) profile. I spent several hours looking up the director and producer through google, with a degree or two of separation. Wanted to be sure it was legitimate. The director has done a some well received films, several shorts and one feature. He's done well in film festivals, and there was a sense people were frustrated his work didn't get better play and distribution. The producer is also legit, an established local businessman. It sounds like there will be a number of people auditioning, so I've not got high hopes. I will get some indie film audition experience, and that is something I definitely want.
They said for this part (sounds like a small one) there will be a week's worth of shooting in October. Easy to use some vacation time for that. Of course I didn't know it was October when I called. So, on the off chance I am cast I'll still be able to enjoy a hiatus after ETI. Of course, if another interesting sounding opportunity comes along... I really am a whore. But, I do love my work.
Today, I'm working on lines and some kitchen cleaning. I think I'm more dedicated to the lines. If the weather didn't suck, I'd be out walking with the script. I find it easier to learn lines with a physical activity, and they of course stick better when you're on your feet. Most people find lines learnt at the kitchen table are those which most often disappear the moment you're on your feet. I'd wanted to go see King John again, but if that happens it'll have to wait until next weekend. I also want to see Hamlet. I'd also like to see The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow because Seattle Public Theater has been doing such astounding work the last couple years.
Back to the kitchen and the Bard...
They said for this part (sounds like a small one) there will be a week's worth of shooting in October. Easy to use some vacation time for that. Of course I didn't know it was October when I called. So, on the off chance I am cast I'll still be able to enjoy a hiatus after ETI. Of course, if another interesting sounding opportunity comes along... I really am a whore. But, I do love my work.
Today, I'm working on lines and some kitchen cleaning. I think I'm more dedicated to the lines. If the weather didn't suck, I'd be out walking with the script. I find it easier to learn lines with a physical activity, and they of course stick better when you're on your feet. Most people find lines learnt at the kitchen table are those which most often disappear the moment you're on your feet. I'd wanted to go see King John again, but if that happens it'll have to wait until next weekend. I also want to see Hamlet. I'd also like to see The Intelligent Design of Jenny Chow because Seattle Public Theater has been doing such astounding work the last couple years.
Back to the kitchen and the Bard...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home