Chain Meme
Okay here's a meme I've seen on Rachel's, then Kipley's sites. I'll put the answers in comments so you can easily skip it, and so you can copy it over easier. I italicized one that I added, as the ten year window was so freaking old, and on the initial read all the fives morphed into what I was doing five years ago, and I'd already researched a bit to figure out what I was doing five years ago.
What were you doing ten years ago?
What were you doing five years ago?
What were you doing one year ago?
Five snacks you enjoy:
Five songs you know the words to:
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Five bad habits:
Five good habits:
Five things you enjoy doing:
Five things you would never wear again:
Five favorite toys:
What were you doing ten years ago?
What were you doing five years ago?
What were you doing one year ago?
Five snacks you enjoy:
Five songs you know the words to:
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Five bad habits:
Five good habits:
Five things you enjoy doing:
Five things you would never wear again:
Five favorite toys:
1 Comments:
What were you doing ten years ago?
I was contracting at Microsoft supporting, designing, and developing over 200 corporate wide electronic forms (JetForm E-Form 3.1). I was chewing over a can of Copenhagen a day, and reading more than a novel a day -- roughly 350 pages a day.
What were you doing five years ago?
I was contracting at Corbis, nearing the end of a two year stint. I was taking a beginning acting class from Rachel through Bellevue Community College's Continuing Education program. I was preparing for the final puppet show I was to work in -- not only my first gig, but paid at that. I watched Cymbeline at the Intiman which Rached AD'd for, and have been a loyal subscriber since.
What were you doing one year ago?
I was in misery. I was recovering from the surgery for the leg I broke rather badly, in the middle of my second week of forced idleness with nothing to do but deal with the pain. I don't remember ever feeling more pain, and certainly not for so long. I refused to take the percoset (oxycodone) until the pain had my eyes tearing uncontrollably, and even at that low dosage I had withdrawals at abotu this time when I switched to an equally sparse regimen for vicodin. It may have slowed the healing, but the pain below the weeping level was better than the way the percoset made me feel. I still have a few doses of that nasty shit.
Five snacks you enjoy:
Quesadillas
Homemade ice cream
Homemade bread
Homemade cookies
Potatoe Salad
Five songs you know the words to:
Spiders and Snakes (Jim Stafford - 1975 top ten)
Brennan on the Moor (Irish Folk Song)
Everything's Alright (Jesus Christ Superstar)
Yellow Submarine (The beginning)
Jesus Loves Me (The first verse, and my sad adaptation.)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Start an arts retreat to provide serious training for community/fringe artists and provide a suitable atmosphere for resident artists/instructors.
2) Remodel my house making the lower floor a warm performance/rehearsal studio.
3) Take a month off from everything I have to do for finances and everything I love to do for art.
4) Get certified to fly helicopters. They are so fucking cool.
5) Debauchery in Thailand, or anything that prevents my forties from being totally celibate. Or not.
Five bad habits:
1) Going back to sleep when I wake up a little early.
2) Lack patience when trying explain technical things.
3) Explaining technical things to people who don't give a shit.
4) Lightly teasing people to see what they are made of.
5) Okay, so I pick my nose when I don't think anyone is looking, and flick it out the window.
Five good habits:
1) I'm considerate of others -- often to the point of it becoming a bad habit.
2) Being dependable.
3) Wanting to do better.
4) Asking people for help -- this is a new one.
5) Self Sufficiency -- another I often carry too far -- but I'm learning.
Five things you enjoy doing:
1) Acting.
2) Sleeping.
3) Preparing a meal for friends.
4) Making beautiful things. Elgant code, a good car repair, a transcendant play, a great creation in the kitchen, etc.
5) Listening to the giberrish/language of young children though it can make me sad I never had children.
Five things you would never wear again:
1) The red jacket from my first suit.
2) My T-shirt that said "Rugby Takes Leather Balls."
3) Those nasty shoes from discount houses that make your feet hurt even with a desk job.
4) Anything promoting a republican.
5) The bright green speedo swimsuit.
PS - So these are lame. I'm an actor, I enjoy wearing stupid outfits.
Five favorite toys:
1) Deck of cards.
2) The tilting maze for marbles where you make the marble roll and avoid the holes.
3) Marksmanship: bow and arrow, firearms, throwing knifes, etc. (Shut up. I'm very safe with firearms and such, but I do enjoy hitting bullseyes.)
4) Atari 2600.
5) Computers.
Post a Comment
<< Home